Joe Burrow

kyle021

34 minutes ago, TF_Titan said:

Burrow is the man.

No thanks on Love.

Either Burrow or the Titans have to completely tank for him to be within our draft range.  He's battling Tua for the top QB spot, imo.

Circle 11/9/19 on the calendar when LSU plays at Ala.

Edited by ctm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im really waiting for next saturday lsu and utah state head to head. Love vs Burrow is gonna be good.

Eason plays against USC this weekend. Probably at 230 eastern Saturday .. worth watching

Posted Images

On 10/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, ctm said:

Either Burrow or the Titans have to completely tank for him to be within our draft range.  He's battling Tua for the top QB spot, imo.

Circle 11/9/19 on the calendar when LSU plays at Ala.

With our schedule, i don’t know if we even have to tank. We could play pretty ok and still end up 5-11. Especially if some injuries happen. If the jets, cardinals, or giants got the top pick we may be able to trade up for it. But I really think if we want one of these guys we need to start collecting assets and dumping bad and expiring contracts for picks. 

8 minutes ago, Thrill said:

With our schedule, i don’t know if we even have to tank. We could play pretty ok and still end up 5-11. Especially if some injuries happen. If the jets, cardinals, or giants got the top pick we may be able to trade up for it. But I really think if we want one of these guys we need to start collecting assets and dumping bad and expiring contracts for picks. 

It's still pretty early to game out where the Titans will finish.  My gut tells me that the OL will jell at some point and the offense will start scoring more.  We'll see.

But I pretty confident from what I've seen that Burrow is going very high, 

10 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's still pretty early to game out where the Titans will finish.  My gut tells me that the OL will jell at some point and the offense will start scoring more.  We'll see.

But I pretty confident from what I've seen that Burrow is going very high, 

You’re probably right but the only games on the schedule I think we should win for sure are Denver and Oakland. The rest of the schedule looks like a toss up. I think we could be anywhere from 5-9 wins this year. 

I think Burrow will probably go above Tua if he keeps playing like this. He’s prototype size and athleticism and he stays in the pocket. My hope is that whoever gets the #1 pick already has a qb. Right now it looks like the jets are our best bet. Maybe the Cardinals or Redskins (if they decide they like Haskins).

Otherwise no one would trade down from that spot if they need a QB. 

Edited by Thrill

Most projections still say we'll finish 8-8 or 7-9. I tend to think not much has actually changed about our outlook. It's just based on how we looked the week before people are often either bearish or bullish on our season prospects. Most likely we'll keep seesawing back and forth and end up around .500.

Historically 2-3 teams end up with 7.1 wins on average per 538. 7-9 would not surprise me at all.

31 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Looks like we aren't going to get Joe Burrow unless we start tanking

Realistically we can afford to trade a lot of draft capital considering we don’t have too many holes in our roster that need immediate fixing. I mean yeah we need stuff here or there but if this roster currently had a good, consistent QB it would have the talent for 10+ wins easy.

40 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Looks like we aren't going to get Joe Burrow unless we start tanking

Hard to say right now, remember right before the 2019 Draft I don't think many thought Haskins would make it all the way to the Redskins at 15.

Some franchises also have games played in CFB as a criteria for drafting QB's, Burrow is going to end up with around 25 starts in CFB plus a few games he got snaps in for Ohio St in 2016-2017.

Would it surprise if Burrow is a top 10 pick absolutely not, but it is also important to remember some weird things can happen at draft time.

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hard to say right now, remember right before the 2019 Draft I don't think many thought Haskins would make it all the way to the Redskins at 15.

Some franchises also have games played in CFB as a criteria for drafting QB's, Burrow is going to end up with around 25 starts in CFB plus a few games he got snaps in for Ohio St in 2016-2017.

Would it surprise if Burrow is a top 10 pick absolutely not, but it is also important to remember some weird things can happen at draft time.

The draft gurus, Jeremiah, McShay, Kiper, etc. are still behind the curve on Burrow.  He's a top 3 pick along with Tua and Chase Young.