Joe Burrow

kyle021

It’s well known by now that my favorite QB in this draft is Fromm, but after watching Burrow closely it is easy to see why he may go top 10

Rocket arm, accurate, smart, alpha male. He also has wheels on him and would keep defenses in check, but he he more of a pocket quarterback with a good feel for pressure and has a wry fast release 

I like him better than Fromm, but not by much. 

If you haven’t watched him yetbiubbb

1) Joe Burrow

2) Jake Fromm 

3)Jacob Eason

give me any of the 3 and I think we are set for a decade

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im really waiting for next saturday lsu and utah state head to head. Love vs Burrow is gonna be good.

Eason plays against USC this weekend. Probably at 230 eastern Saturday .. worth watching

Posted Images

Burrow has been hitting wide open players all season. He might be a good pro but he looks like all the other AJ McCarrins of the world to me.

Fromm looks really good and doesn’t make many mistakes but I wonder if that could be a hinderance in the pros. You see guys like Dalton and Mariota start out great out the gates and then never take that next step. Guy like Wentz and Goff really let it fly and are willing to make mistakes. I haven’t watched much Fromm so I could be totally wrong. I think he’ll be a good pro but might cap out around the Chad Pennington range.

Edited by Thrill

So far Eason has impressed me the most from the pocket which is what I think translates best to the NFL.  I think Tua probably has the most overall talent but I don't really like the style of QB he plays and I have my doubts about his durability in the pocket.

Fromm is a smart QB who plays within the system and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.  I think he fits what the Titans WISH Mariota could be, at least in terms of a being a passer who moves the chains and makes plays when he needs to.  

Burrow is a big durable kid, which after Mariota and Locker is a trait I really like.  He's got a good arm and he isn't afraid to put it up deep which I also like.  They throw a lot of slants and play action and I haven't seen him face a whole lot of pressure in the pocket.

Obviously the picture on these guys will change dramatically over the coming months but Eason, Burrow, and Fromm are the three guys I would be happy with right now.  The season might really suck this year but I have a feeling the offseason will be as exciting as always!

Agree .. for me it’s Burrow, Eason , then, Fromm and I go back and forth about the first 2 .. Eason has the smoothest throwing motion I’ve seen in a while , and he looks big like more than 6’5”. Burrow looks like a late bloomer who’s getting better. And he looks very durable.. 

31 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Im really waiting for next saturday lsu and utah state head to head. Love vs Burrow is gonna be good.

Love is exciting but I don't think his skill set translates very well to the next level.  It should definitely be a fun college game to watch though.  

Just now, SleepingTitan said:

Joe Burrow will be similar to Mariota without the wheels. 

He's deceptively fast though and built much thicker than Mariota.  It remains to be seen, for me at least, if he can be a good drop back passer but I like his traits better than I liked Mariota coming out if I'm honest, even though I think Mariota was overall more talented if that makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Love is exciting but I don't think his skill set translates very well to the next level.  It should definitely be a fun college game to watch though.  

What aspect of his game do you think doesn’t translate?

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

What aspect of his game do you think doesn’t translate?

He's got all the traits that you like.  He's fast, has a big arm and he's fairly accurate.

When I watch him play though, he's a runner who can pass and not a natural passer who can run.  I'm not closing the door on him but when I look at QBs trying to evaluate play, I'm looking for how they maneuver the pocket, deal with the rush, throw into tight windows, and how good their decision making is when harassed.

His Wake Forest game really highlighted some of his weaknesses to me if you need an example.  Again, perceptions will change moving forward but he's off my radar for now.  

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

He's got all the traits that you like.  He's fast, has a big arm and he's fairly accurate.

When I watch him play though, he's a runner who can pass and not a natural passer who can run.  I'm not closing the door on him but when I look at QBs trying to evaluate play, I'm looking for how they maneuver the pocket, deal with the rush, throw into tight windows, and how good their decision making is when harassed.

His Wake Forest game really highlighted some of his weaknesses to me if you need an example.  Again, perceptions will change moving forward but he's off my radar for now.  

I’m not defending him as a prospect. Haven’t “studied” him a lot yet. I just think he has some intriguing tools. I was legitimately curious to hear your take, but uh..I don’t think of him as a runner.

796AA06B-167D-43CA-AFFD-647008098CBB.jpeg