tgo

Impeachment Inquiry Underway

23 minutes ago, tgo said:

Just in case people arent aware -.The investigation into Burisma started 2 years before Hunter Biden arrived and had been closed for over a year when Joe Biden made the call. 

If anything, Biden would be motivated to aid that prosecutor who absolved his son rather than have him removed for corruption.  

Point taken though, just thought I’d throw that in there. 

So if there is evidence that the investigation was not closed and that Hunter Biden was about to he interviewed, would that change your thought process?

54 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Read it. Biden was spearheading a multinational effort to get a useless prosecutor, who refused to clean up corruption, out of office in the ukraine. He did not do it with his political rival in mind nor is there any evidence it was done for personal reasons. If evidence comes out to the contrary that shows he did it for his son's benefit then investigate his ass. see the difference?

Then why the need to say he was withholding $1 billion in aid if they did not fire the prosecutor? 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Then why the need to say he was withholding $1 billion in aid if they did not fire the prosecutor? 

Once you go into your "asking questions" schtick, I doubt any answers to your questions will change your mind. However, I'll try. You do realize the US, European allies and even chief of the International Monetary Fund all wanted this prosecutor fired because he was not doing a good job....fighting corruption.

1 minute ago, Btowner said:

Once you go into your "asking questions" schtick, I doubt any answers to your questions will change your mind. However, I'll try. You do realize the US, European allies and even chief of the International Monetary Fund all wanted this prosecutor fired because he was not doing a good job....fighting corruption.

Yes, the whole Ukrainian government was corrupt.  It still is Biden saying if you dont do this, I wont do this. Text book quid pro quo. And his son made $600,000 magically too. But look over here.

I think you feel that I dont think Trump should be investigated. I do. I just think Biden should too and I dont think that Trump asking an ally for help in investigations (Russian investigation beginning and possible abuse of power by a sitting VP) is something out of the ordinary. I would like to know why the money was withheld for awhile.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Since you clearly didn't read it the first time. Stop with the false equivalency nonsense and think for yourself. 

Biden was spearheading a multinational effort to get a useless prosecutor, who refused to clean up corruption, out of office in the ukraine

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Since you clearly didn't read it the first time. Stop with the false equivalency nonsense and think for yourself. 

Biden was spearheading a multinational effort to get a useless prosecutor, who refused to clean up corruption, out of office in the ukraine

Then why the need to say he was withholding $1 billion in aid if they did not fire the prosecutor?  If you dont do this, I wont do this. Quid pro quo?

Biden’s son didn’t magically get 600,000.  He got that from a long tradition of someone with a famous and powerful parent getting ridiculous and unwarranted opportunities and pay.  I’m not judging at all, it’s just how the world works.  It’s the same for people you hate and think are corrupt as hell, and people you love and think are as pure as the driven snow.  This is literally  what Trump owes all his success too, and how his family runs their businesses.

I think even repubs have to roll their eyes at the hypocrisy if he wanted to hammer Biden on this.  No one gave a shit when Ivanka got those Chinese copyrights, or that she at least had and office in the White House.  Having Kushner do whatever the hell he does despite failing security checks.  His “charity” foundation dissolved because his failsons effectively used it as a piggy bank.  Those are all small potatoes with this guy.

I will ask again, why didn’t Trump have this all investigated when he had control of all three branches of the Government?

If it was “corrupt”, and happened during the Obama era, how the hell, why the hell did Trump not do it when had all the protection from both House and Senate? He chose not to follow up on possible “corruption” involving a rival and most likely future rival at the time. Wow, what an idiot

48 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Then why the need to say he was withholding $1 billion in aid if they did not fire the prosecutor?  If you dont do this, I wont do this. Quid pro quo?

look up the definition. Biden didn't ask for a favor. Out of Trumps own mouth he did and then to make matters worse, he asked for a political favor which is't allowed. Keep thinking the two situations are alike; they aren't.

Yea open an investigation into Biden. It will last about 5 mins to see there is nothing to it to any reasonable person with an IQ over 70