Albert Breer suggests the Titans should keep an eye on the Philip Rivers contract situation this offseason

AussieTitanFan08

2 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

But he was when we were done with VY. KFC was ready to retire. We needed a QB. How long you going to keep this up?

When the Titans were done with Young Munchak was the coach.  And I can promise you the Chargers weren’t moving on with Rivers a year after they went 13-3 and the second round of the playoffs.

I think you’re misremembering.

Edited by scine09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I might sound crazy but id rather draft a qb of the future then give up 1s for a 38 year old even if he is still good.

Because he's got 8 kids who are entrenched in San Diego and he's not going to uproot them by moving to another city.   When the Chargers moved to LA, it was pretty big news around here that

I agree with most of this except for Newton.  He hasn't been good at all since all his injuries started piling up.

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

When the Titans were done with Young Munchak was the coach.  And I can promise you the Chargers weren’t moving on with Rivers a year after they went 13-3 and the second round of the playoffs.

I think you’re misremembering.

Joel has no idea what's he talking about.  I laughed when he mentioned Volek and VY.  Volek was traded in 2006 after he lied to Fisher.  In fact, I think Volek may have been Rivers' backup when Joel was misremembering again.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

Joel has no idea what's he talking about.  I laughed when he mentioned Volek and VY.  Volek was traded in 2006 after he lied to Fisher.  In fact, I think Volek may have been Rivers' backup when Joel was misremembering again.

Yeah he should have dropped this one right away.  It's clear that he's thinking of before the 2015 draft.

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I don't know the particulars, but I remember the talk about it. This is when he beat the crap out of us everytime we played. Just like now, there was talk because he was from Alabama we could swing a trade.  Word was he had no interest in playing for Fisher.

Jesus Joel.  You sound like a complete moron.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, abenjami said:

Because he's got 8 kids who are entrenched in San Diego and he's not going to uproot them by moving to another city.

When the Chargers moved to LA, it was pretty big news around here that Rivers spurned the move.  He refused to go to LA and he actually commutes from San Diego.  He's very involved with his kids, coaches their sports teams, etc.

BTW, his 9th kid is currently in the oven.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, Titans279 said:

I doubt Rivers wants to leave that area because of his kids.

Maybe in 18 years!

Oooooorrrrrrr....

Maybe Rivers would like a break from those kids.

Does anybody ever wonder what would have happened if Volek had been named the starter over VY and we hadn’t gone after Collins?

Volek was a very strange case of a guy balling out and then never really getting a chance to showcase it again. Nowadays someone would give him 20 million a year for that amazing half of a season he played.

32 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Does anybody ever wonder what would have happened if Volek had been named the starter over VY and we hadn’t gone after Collins?

Volek was a very strange case of a guy balling out and then never really getting a chance to showcase it again. Nowadays someone would give him 20 million a year for that amazing half of a season he played.

I don't think he was big enough or had the frame to last an NFL season. He was like Cody Carlson and maybe even more frail