Titans won’t change QBs for a while..

titanruss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think Mariota ever showed this kind of inconsistency at Oregon. So what's more likely... Mariota, Heisman winner and star college QB, suddenly forgot how to play ball half the time? Or a franc

At first glance I thought bud went straight up @scine09!

Until at minimum 2 weeks of Lewan being back...probably significantly more. Much more likely MM gets at least till the bye or even the whole season.    They promised to give MM every chance

At the 6:15 mark, the question about how much blame Mariota shoulders is brought up.

James Jones' answer?  All of it.

He basically said what we all think.  That he's surrounded by a great supporting cast, and they can't even touch the ball because he can't pass and he's holding onto the football.  He is saying that it's time to put Tannehill in.  

We have a new recruit.

Then Willie goes on to talk about the OL issues, and shows clips of Mariota acting like an idiot in the pocket.

Edited by abc2330

Does anyone see Tannehill winning us the Superbowl this year or ever? If the answer is no, then Mariota stays in. 

I don't see either as our long term solution. If Mariota is as bad as everyone is bitching about then we are destined for a losing season. Why jeopardize a high draft pick for maybe 1 or two wins?

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Does anyone see Tannehill winning us the Superbowl this year or ever? If the answer is no, then Mariota stays in. 

I don't see either as our long term solution. If Mariota is as bad as everyone is bitching about then we are destined for a losing season. Why jeopardize a high draft pick for maybe 1 or two wins?

Do you stay in bad relationships because you can't guarantee the next one will be better? of course not. Your entire mentality is off. The question isn't whether Tannehill is better than Mariota. It's whether Mariota is holding a playoff caliber roster back and the answer is yes. 

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Do you stay in bad relationships because you can't guarantee the next one will be better? of course not. Your entire mentality is off. The question isn't whether Tannehill is better than Mariota. It's whether Mariota is holding a playoff caliber roster back and the answer is yes. 

What is the he guarantee Tannehill is taking us to the playoffs? He's had 1 winning season in 6 years. Cool he beat up some scrubs in preseason. 

Edited by Tomachek

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

What is the he guarantee Tannehill is taking us to the playoffs? He's had 1 winning season in 6 years. Cool he beat up some scrubs in preseason. 

are you this risk averse in life. Again.... Do you stay in bad relationships because you can't guarantee the next one will be better? of course not.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

are you this risk averse in life. Again.... Do you stay in bad relationships because you can't guarantee the next one will be better? of course not.

We know what Tannehill is, and we know what Mariota is. It's literally the same argument. The ones asking for Mariota's head are saying he'll never turn it around, but yet expect Tannehill to elevate his game to get us to the playoffs.  Tannehill was bad in Miami, and will be bad here in Tennessee.

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

2 simple stats that Mariota needs to imnprove on are his 

I seriously doubt that Tannehill would have a 99 passing rating with the support Mariota has had. 

This is bar none the best set of offensive skill players the team has had in a decade plus, maybe even going back to the 99-04 days. Mariota has a great supporting cast and can't do shit with them. Keep passing the blame.

16 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Yes, it’s absolutely true that RT could fall flat on his face. However, we have to see what he can do with the talent at wr the team has right now.

He never had this much talent around him in Miami and MM is undeniably wasting all of it.  You saw that highlight reel one-handed catch over his head CD had the other night-JFC let’s get somebody in there that has a chance of letting that guy eat!  

Don’t throw away the season without finding out what RT can do. 

Edited by smokeater

1 minute ago, Supernope said:

I think Tannehill starts week 4 or 5.  If they continue to stay the course and also do nothing about Douglas my concern level about the coaching reaches a critical level. 

It’s hard to fault them too much on Douglas considering 2 in front of him got hurt. 

54 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

How did you vote in jonboy "anonymous"(LOL!!!!) poll a week or so ago? 

I cant remember which poll you are talking anout. I sometimes ignore the poster and just look at the content.

I did a search and couldnt find the thread. I will give you a real answer wheb I do