Titans won’t change QBs for a while..

titanruss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think Mariota ever showed this kind of inconsistency at Oregon. So what's more likely... Mariota, Heisman winner and star college QB, suddenly forgot how to play ball half the time? Or a franc

At first glance I thought bud went straight up @scine09!

Until at minimum 2 weeks of Lewan being back...probably significantly more. Much more likely MM gets at least till the bye or even the whole season.    They promised to give MM every chance

Honestly, I don't see a change until after our bye week in November barring injury  I think they sink or swim with Mariota this year. Maybe let Tannehill finish the season to see if he's worth resigning for next year as we groom a new Quarterback.

Franchise Quarterbacks are hard to come by, it's why guys like Andy Dalton stick around for so long.

I'm ready for them to move on from Mariota and grab someone like Fromm in the draft. I still think he'll get his fair shot all season to see if he's the guy or not.

Edited by Tomachek

20 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Every chance has come and gone. Anyone who thinks a healthy Lewan makes a difference, tell them to watch last years tape. Lewan was there. 

But I'm glad to see this is a Mariota homer opinion piece and not a direct quote. 

As much as i agree with you I am so tired of seeing the word homer.

This isnt directed at you but just in general. I know seeing some1 say something over the top possitive about something that just isn't is dumb. But that is just their openion and you gota live with that. 

I know most of you won't like me saying that but it's the truth. If someone is a true homer they would defend anything and everything, not just one man.

To be fair though I did my own mariota defending in the past and can't remember ever being called a homer. Maybe I just state my openion differently.

Im sorry for the diatribe but I just want us to reserve such a specific insult for when it's needed. Just call him a stupid asshole instead if you need 2.

I’m afraid russ may be right and it will take an injury to get him out of the starting lineup.  MM looks like a frightened 12 year old girl in tight quarters in the pocket. Doesn't pass the eye test or have any worthwhile stats, but it’s the OL circumstances that are going to buy him more time. 

He's was probably close to getting benched last week until the good drive in the 2nd half. Hell even Vrabel was pretty non committal when asked, "not right now" is about as weak as it gets. 

If they go 1-4 or 1-5 before making the change it's malpractice. 

TitansFilmRoom who is/was a huge MM homer was saying if they believe MM is limiting the offense(no way you can't believe this) then it's a fireable offense to keep playing him. 

54 minutes ago, titanruss said:

They promised to give MM every chance possible. Maybe Amy wants it,

Russ, I know you are sincere in your belief in MM.  I wonder if you watched the most recent game in real time.  It was horrible to watch live. Adoree screwed the pooch to start the game.  Our D rallied to cover for his mistake by holding Jax to just 13 points the rest of the game.  Those guys have each others backs and Adoree is one of them.  13 points in 58 minutes.  That's astounding! 

The way football works is when one player screws up, the rest of the team has his back.  Score 7-0, NBD.  Didn't happen like that.  Mariota played so poorly that our only enjoyment came from laughing at his misadventure.  We laugh to keep from crying.  We actually wanted to beat the shit out of the Jags and the Colts too.  This was our chance.  Mariota was out played by a backup and a sixth round pick rookie backup, for the second week in a row.

Mariota is ruining our Titans fan experience.  He has taken us from hopeful to hopeless in just three weeks.  It's terrible.  Imagine what it's like to get up today as a Ravens fan or a Kansas City fan.  You are as excited like its the last day of school.  Your team is undefeated and your young QB is the talk of the league.  The whole city is electric.  We have experienced that in Nashville and we want it again.  

Real time Russ, our football life is dog shit.  I'm a big shit talker.  I sit around poker tables and tell people "We Bad."  This summer, a quiet guy was sitting at the table with a Georgia shirt on.  After about an hour, I told him I was a Tennessee fan.  The MF started talking and didn't shut up for twenty minutes explaining how bad the Vols suck.  I don't get to wear my Vols cap.  And now, I am not wearing my Titans anything outside of Nashville.  

We joke about Mariota, but this is a sad time for us.

53 minutes ago, Callidus said:

This isnt directed at you but just in general. I know seeing some1 say something over the top possitive about something that just isn't is dumb. But that is just their openion and you gota live with that. 

I know most of you won't like me saying that but it's the truth. If someone is a true homer they would defend anything and everything, not just one man.

To be fair though I did my own mariota defending in the past and can't remember ever being called a homer. Maybe I just state my openion differently.

Im sorry for the diatribe but I just want us to reserve such a specific insult for when it's needed. Just call him a stupid asshole instead if you need 2.

This doesn't make any sense. Obviously you have overall homers and then more specific homers. Russ is a good example. I wouldn't call him a Titans homer but he's clearly a Mariota homer. 

The homer OP honestly thinks the team gives Mariota TEN games if he plays like he has so far?  There's no way the leash is that long when all tangible evidence shows that they have no interest in committing to him beyond 2019.

There's also one big difference in the here and now as compared to even Training Camp.  The fan base has turned.  It's obvious he's a huge part of the problem whereas before there were tons of homers like russ, ninga, duck, etc. giving him every excuse in the book.  Same for the local media, who scoffed at any thought of a QB controversy, compared to real NFL markets where a player with Mariota's resume would have been under fire two years ago.

They could not even have a full stadium for the Colts game and that was coming off a big win.  The loss to the Colts was deflating for the fan base as the built in excuse that they had Luck shielded many Titan fans from the truth.  Thursday nights shit fest while watching MM get significantly outplayed by a rookie 6th round pick was salt to the open wound.  The bottom line is that fan support is sick of an up and down team with an outside shot of a wild card berth every few years.  They want a perennial winner and that's what Robinson/Vrabel promised.  They continue to put out this product and the stands will continue to be empty.

If they do go homer Russ' route, Amy has every right to burn the fucker to the ground.  It's a fuck you to all of the Titans fans and players to continue to trot out a bad QB making the same mistakes over and over and over. 

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

I did my own mariota defending in the past and can't remember ever being called a homer. Maybe I just state my openion differently.

Well if you slipped through the cracks I sincerely apologize.

you were def a top the homer list and 100% a homer

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This doesn't make any sense. Obviously you have overall homers and then more specific homers. Russ is a good example. I wouldn't call him a Titans homer but he's clearly a Mariota homer. 

Ill accept that. Maybe my definition is just different. I would call some1 with a individual infatuation with a player a fan boy or a apologist. Homer 2 me is a overall thing.

Just now, Callidus said:

Ill accept that. Maybe my definition is just different. I would call some1 with a individual infatuation with a player a fan boy or a apologist. Homer 2 me is a overall thing.

How did you vote in jonboy "anonymous"(LOL!!!!) poll a week or so ago? 

I’m sure Jrob and MV told Amy they could win this year with MM and that’s the biggest reason he’s still starting.  OL excuses or not, they’ll have to make the walk of shame to her office pretty soon if they want to attempt to save the season-it ain’t getting better. 

Edited by smokeater