Offseason plan with Mock draft

kyle021

Until you fucks get your head out of your ass and quit bitching I’m going to drop these often and early. 

I know now this board hates my shit more than they hate Marcus after a loss. So here we go. 

Offseason. 

Retain Smith as OC. His offense is actually pretty good and WR’s run open and with good blocking this can be very good especially very friendly toward a rookie QB. 

Resign Woodyard for a season and extend Conklin at RT. He won’t cost a fortune but he won’t be cheap. I would guess around 10/yr. 

Cut Lewis and let Henry walk if he is asking for more than 7-8/yr. In this scenario we replace both backs in FA

Extend Sharpe at roughly 4/yr on a 3 year deal. Let Pruitt walk. Retain Kelly at OT on a team friendly deal. He won’t get more than 2-3 million a year. 

Allow Tannehill to test the market with an offer to come back and compete for a starting job if he isn’t getting what he expects on the market. In this scenario we land Stafford on a 3 year deal with an out after one year.  

Defensively you let Johnson walk, and you retain Logan Ryan and call it good. 

In FA I would bring these guys in...

Matt Stafford - QB

Matt Brieda - RB

Kareem Hunt - RB

Jack Doyle - TE (Run blocker)

Vic Beasley - OLB

Mike Daniels - DT

in the draft let’s say we finish 8-8 and have the 16th pick. 

I would give up pick 16 and a future 2 to move up to pick 8-10 and grab Fromm or Eason who sit behind Stafford for a year and learn the playbook and can take over at anytime. 

1) Jake Fromm - QB

2) Tyler Biadasz - C

3) Key’Shawn Vaughn - RB

our team would be upgraded with Landry, Beasley, Wake, Finch as the OLB’s and Casey, Simmons, Daniels, Jones, Mack as the DL

offense would be upgraded with Stafford as the starter and Fromm the backup and QBOTF and Biadasz the starting C with Jones competing with Davis at RG and ultimately being the swing IOL. 

Doyle is the blocking TE and we retain our WR’s with no changes except we get back Batson and Raymond vs Jennings vs Batson goes down as the 5,6,7 positional battles. 

Hunt is the bell cow with Brieda as the pass catching back and Vaughn getting opportunities to challenge both players for both roles. 

QB - Stafford, Fromm

RB - Hunt, Brieda, Vaughn

WR - Davis, Humphries, Brown, Sharpe, Raymond, Jennings

TE - Walker, Smith, Doyle

OT - Lewan, Conklin, Kelly

OG - Saffold, Davis, Pamphile

C - Biadasz, Jones

DL - Casey, Simmons, Daniels, Jones, Mack

OLB - Landry, Beasley, Wake, Finch, Walker

DB - Butler, Ryan, Jackson, Sims, Smith, Byard, Vaccaro, Hooker, Cruikshank

for what it would cost to retain Lewis we get Brieda and Hunt, and replace Henry at 8+ a year for a rookie at 1/yr

Stafford basically just replaces Mariota on the cap. Now we have a QB who can sling it, and has pocket presence as well as accuracy. 

Beasley had a monster year two years ago and had a mediocre actually disappointing year last year and won’t cost a fortune. Daniels who was cut by GB and signed with Detroit is coming off a season ending injury. So he will be on the cheap. Doyle is basically Anthony Fasano and would be great in 3 TE sets featuring Walker, Smith and Doyle. 

Hunt is on on the cheap bc of the 8 game suspension and would be a huge upgrade to Henry at a much lesser cost and Brieda is a fast scat back much like Lewis but he is actually good. We also have Vaughn who is one of my favorite RBs in the draft. I think he could start day one, but won’t need to bc of Hunt who is an every down back and Brieda who is a very good receiving back and runner. So Vaughn gets to clean up pass protection technique and learn the NFL at a pace that would only benefit him. He is the future at RB for us. 

WR’s stay the same except we likely sign a guy like Tavon Austin to handle PR duties or we draft one. Either way. They are upgraded by nature of upgrading QB. 

Biadasz is is a monster. Love his game. He would step in day one and be a stalwart on the OL and is a great fit. Adding Biadasz addresses the C position and keeping Jones makes our interior depth so much better. At a reduced rate. 

With this kind of offseason I could see this team winning 10+ games and Stafford breaking all kinds of TN season records at QB throwing for 4K+ and 30+ TD’s and we watch Davis and Brown and Humphries explode. The OL also looks better due to a QB navigating the pocket and actually going through progressions and getting the call out quick. 

by the way... how dope would it be to see a playaction drop back that is fired downfield for 50+ yards on target, in stride for a big gain on a weekly occurrence coupled with a bunch of 10-25 yard dimes? Sick. 

Davis and Stafford this year would look like Britt and Hasslebeck the first three weeks of 2010. I wouldn’t put it past Stafford to hit Davis and Brown for 1,100 and 7+ TD each as well as Humphries for 800-900 and 5+ TDs 

The pressure that Casey, Simmons, Daniels, Landry, Beasley would bring would be a delight and the amount of turnovers Byard and company bring in would be game changing. 

Now how stupid was this post?

about as dumb as calling the season quits in week 3

quit the shit or I’m dropping more and they will only get worse

Guys he said it to start with he is gona start trolling now. Outside the complete lack of it being possible and my normal grip about guessing salaries....

Id take it. Rather keep henry than bring in hunt but thats a moral decision not a fb one.

Stafford would be interesting but I'd be surprised if he was available. 

Biggest needs at this point outside of QB would seem to be C, OLB and youth at TE. The team is pretty solid if the line would gel.

Other than typical madden mocks at this point, i started watching a lot of Fromm games to scout him. Every single pass is behind the LOS, a screen or some sort of short man pick route crosser. None of that translates and it’s basically what we are all complaining about with Mariota. There’s no vertical progressions or attempts. At one point last night vs Notre Dame Fromm was 6/7 for 16 yards and a 2.2 YPA. HELL NO

Burrow was a Nebraska legacy but the stupid coaches at the time (Pellini and company) ignored him until it was too late so he went to Ohio State.  At OSU he never could break into the #1 position, and wasn't going to be #1 this year, so he transferred to LSU.  I don't know how good he is since he has never played before as a regular.  He has good blood lines, and I think the results this year speak for themselves.