The outlook.

kyle021

Mariota and the Titans were once a to be feared team in the NFL. Mariota put his stamp on the league his very first game, and had a hell of a start to his first two years in the nfl with good coaching from Mularkey and his crew, a sound GM that took a depleted roster and made them very competitive on his first day on the job. 

What Mariota did for this team can’t be taken for granted. Should we be better and among the elite? Yes. Are we? No. Could we? Absolutely. 

Heres the simply fact. After MM broke his leg he came back under the same system with a washed up Murray and even worse WR Corp that featured a rookie starting after missing all of TC and most of the first part of the season. Throwing to the likes of Eric Decker and Harry Douglas was unfortunate but we made it work when it counted. Matthews was very good. 

We go on to win a playoff game, and MM comes back healthy to start the season with an extremely talented roster and an OC who was adaptable and a new HC. We all know what happened the first game and what he fought through. Funny thing. I actually pinched my ulnar nerve about a month ago and I had a hard time even using my left hand for daily activities for about a week or two and just as soon as it went away I woke up with it being just as fucked. Simply from sleeping wrong on it. I’m still dealing with it. I don’t play football. Kudos to MM for powering through bc that shit is a bitch. 

What started out out so promising derailed before our eyes. It was injuries and losing Mularkey and his staff. We didn’t have to lose Mularkey. I wonder if Mularkey even gave thought to making Smith the OC and just taking playcalling duties himself? That would have been ideal. Mularkey is a very good offensive coach. 

Mariota showed brilliant flashes under MLF as well as hard to watch growing pains. Throwing to Nick Williams didn’t help. Remember him being cut for dropping a sure thing TD to seal a win in Buffalo?

MLF left and is in GB as the HC. Good for him and bad for us. Now we have Smith a first time play caller who is reverting back to Mularkey styled football. Here is the problem. It’s his first time calling plays. That’s two OC’s MM has had to deal with in back to back years while trying to elevate his game around a revolving door of mediocre WR’s until this offseason when we drafted and signed some damn good ones and cut ties with a third rounder. The other problems? Offensive line play, and injuries. Not just injuries to the offense itself, especially the OL but MM. He can’t catch a break. Also... we inserted two new starters on the OL and are missing our bookend LT. Mariota is only playing with two guys he really has experience with in Conklin and Jones and only Conklin is worth a damn. 

What happens when you’re struggling and trying to find normalcy in a time of make or break? You try to hard. That’s what MM is doing. He’s trying to make every play count. To be honest I admire him for it but it also irks me. It has also taken the life out of him. It doesn’t appear he is having fun and that’s a big component of being successful. 

The future of of this team is not with him unfortunately. That pisses me off and it should you too, and you can damn be sure it pisses a lot of people off bc they have seen how hard he has fought, what he has gone through and what he has shown. It’s hard to let go. It’s hard to cut ties. 

The staff brought in Tannehill in case of another week 17 scenario where MM misses a game but if we win he can play in the playoffs. They didn’t bring him in to play instead of Marcus and they damn sure didn’t bring him in to play when Marcus is struggling with only 2 starters on his OL returning with 2 new dudes out there and the #3 OT. 

Regardless. It will be cut bait at the end of this year and probably best for both parties. 

Tannehill will be retained and we will draft a QB high. 

The perfect QB’s from this draft to start day 1 and give us that QBOF and new hope are Fromm and Eason. There is also a chance that Oakland let’s go of Carr and we make a strong push for him in FA as well as retain Tannehill and even make a big move for a QB in the draft. We really can afford to give up a lot of draft capitol bc of how talented and deep the roster is. 

We are not benching Mariota until we are eliminated from the playoffs or he strings together 4+ losses with bad QB play with OL out there dropping 12.4 grades on PFF and giving up 18 sacks over 3 games. Nope. 

my guess is we continue to play solid football and win games we shouldn’t and lose some we shouldn’t while hovering around 8-8. We aren’t seeing Tannehill unless we have a monster lead or MM is hurt. 

Get over it. 

We will see a new QB next year. So anything positive we get out of Marcus this year is something to be grateful for and for fuck sake. 

Shut up. It’s week Fucking 3

Say we finish 7-9 and are picking in the 10-17 range. We could literally give up our first and third this year and a future 1 or 2 to move up to say pick 7-9 and acquire Fromm or Eason and not even break our bank on a new QB. 

We we could still fill the RT void by keeping Conklin and using our other pick on another pass rusher. As well as signing one. 

If if we let MM walk which all signs point toward... that’s 20 million in cap room that just cleared up. We could sign a guy like... Clowney. Whoever, and still have a lot of cap to get some other studs in here. 

That dominance we watched by Campbell is something we have sitting on our sidelines wearing #98. We will have our monster out there soon on defense. 

All ol this team needs is a savvy vet QB and I think the path of adding Carr or Stafford in FA to start and drafting Fromm or Eason will be the answer. 

New member on this board. Been a Titans fan since coming to town back in 99. I've read a lot of everyone's content, and surprised so many want to see Mariota go. I remember Jake Locker and what he did, which was complete shit in comparison. I just compared Locker's numbers with Mariota and my friend and I laughed our ass off. Never remembered Locker being that bad. When Mariota beat KC and did that leaping touchdown run, I was completely sold. I just think we need to get him into the right system. I never understood why the Titans hired Mike Vrabel. He was a defensive coordinator for Houston for one year and didn't even field a top ten D.  Just watched Chip Kelly come back from 32 points behind and beat Mike Leach's Air Raid. Maybe we should bring Kelly here and reunite Mariota with him.

2 minutes ago, 52O said:

Funny how everyone’s favorite mariota moment is totally non qb related lol. 

“Stiff arm” “diving td” “caught a batted pass and ran it for a td”

Forgot that sick ass block. Would be a penalty this year though...

Archived