code

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on. Jrob has rebuilt the entire roster while saddled with a shit QB. Sure he missed on Lewis but Butler and Ryan have been really good, Butler's 1st half year in 2018 notwithstanding. Wake didnt

Uh oh......   There goes Brissett straight into the shitter. 

Very disappointed watching how we constantly get outmatched at the line of scrimmage. I think this has been JRob biggest blunder.    Our offensive line is shit, and our pass rush is non exis

As for the OP, it's a long season man. So many things change. Maybe it's my ever increasing age but I just don't get as worked up over the first 2-3 weeks as I used to. Look at last year, our running game started off as terrible as I've ever seen, both backs were at it below 3 YPC. The last 5-6 weeks Henry went as dominant as you'll ever see. Evans was already a bust by week 5 but was lights out by week 10. Mariota got sacked 10 times against the Ravens & then was a point from beating the Chargers, Cowboys, and Pats the next 3 games & was terrific.

That TNF was just one of those games. It seemed like the team rallied around Ramsey, it was a short road week, we embarrassed them last year, and they badly needed a win. And the Camobell/Douglas matchup was crippling. And Mariota sucked. It happens. I have a good feeling we play very well next week.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

It all comes down to QB. The Titans roster is good enough to contend for the SB with a quality QB.

I don't think it all comes down to QB. I think it's more something that we say because it's been a long since we've felt like we had a decent starting QB.

Do you actually believe that it all comes down to QB, and secondly that our roster is a Super Bowl roster with one? [BTW how many quality QBs are there in the league?]

There are teams with great QBs that are not contenders in particular years because the rest of their roster isn't good enough.

With Drew Brees the Saints have have gone to the playoffs 7 times but also missed them 6 times. With Phillip Rivers the Chargers have been to the playoffs 6 times but missed them 7 times.

So half the time even with HOF caliber quarterbacks these teams don't even make the playoffs and a team isn't even necessarily a SB caliber team when it makes the playoffs anyway.

Best case veteran options like Tannehill, Dalton, or even Stafford must not be a quality QBs because they haven't even gotten close to a Super Bowl or even won a playoff game (Dalton: 0-4, Stafford: 0-3, Tannehill 0-0).

Obviously having one of the best QBs in the league is going to make being a good team a lot easier. Without one you have to have much better talent on the rest of your team. It's harder but can be done. 5 of the last 15 Super Bowls have been won without great QBs (Eli twice, Peyton in 2015, Foles, and Flacco). Even with Seattle in 2013 it was more about their completely dominant defense and run game.

Most of the time Super Bowls are won with the best of the best QBs, but one of them isn't even a guarantee of going to the playoffs. You can win with a decent QB, but you also need a great team around them and also some luck.

Obviously with a better QB we'd be a better team but I don't see the rest of the roster as Super Bowl caliber yet.

To tie it all back up JRob has clearly improved the team, but he has enough signing/picks that seem stupid in hindsight that it can create some doubt.

Still looking at next year (already LOL), if Simmons is a hit and Evans/Landry can become legit the defense has a chance to be elite. If Henry can produce and we can find a complementary back and find a QB the offense can be good as well.

So I wouldn't write JRob off yet. It's still a work in progress IMO. Just give JRob and Vrabel some time because the rejoining the GM/Coach carousel every two years is not going to work.

Edited by Titans279

Let’s get this straight.  A good QB will make RB’s look better, WR’s look better, OLinemen look better, Defenses  look better, GM’s look better, Owners look better and fans look better.  Robinson inherited the worse team in the league and has never had a losing season.  He has also done that with one of the shittiest QB’s in the league.  It’s a reason having a franchise QB is so important.  

5 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

JR is furthest from the problem as is Vrabel. 

The problem is on QB, QB coach and OL coach and revolving OC door. 

Wow...........!!! Another intelligent response, amazing ! Thank you, Kyle. However, it's never the student's fault only the teacher. Teacher say, student do. Nature rule, Daniel son. And Mariota has had too many retard teachers. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Remember, Amy fired Whiz over not protecting MM. She absolutely loved MM and wanted him to work out so badly. 

Robinson back stabbing Mularkey during the power struggle would work best if he used Mariota as the reason. 

I think it's more than possible that strategy was used. 

Back stabbing? Lol. Did you see his press conference after a playoff win. The guy was a no class bitch. 

The theory on the the other hand holds merit. But the idea he was stabbing the guy in the back is retarded. Mularkey made a fool of himself. 

13 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

Wow...........!!! Another intelligent response, amazing ! Thank you, Kyle. However, it's never the student's fault only the teacher. Teacher say, student do. Nature rule, Daniel son. And Mariota has had too many retard teachers. 

"Run Marcus Run!"   ---    Mike Mularkey's game plans, circa Sept, 2016.

The QB position is the most important position. In fact, with all the QB’s who have played in the league since the SuperBowl era, 62% of all Super Bowls played have been won by 12 QB’s. Do you think these wins were predicated on teams having the same CB or DT for years?  

5 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

"Run Marcus Run!"   ---    Mike Mularkey's game plans, circa Sept, 2016.

Well........ 

........... duck...........

............ like I keep saying away on this crazy-fun-board..............

......... everyone's an expert, until tomorrow comes........

............ and ya know what's gonna-a-happen.......???      ...... same thing that happens every time we go through this......

............ another former player elsewhere, succeeding.......     ........ who went unappreciated and tossed away for all the wrong reasons......

............ maybe it's the popular coach and GM that everyone loves, who really sucks...........................................................................................

I'd rather watch Marcus run in Chip Kelly's offense, than Ryan Tannehill, Luck Faulk, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert, Bill Cosby, Roseanne Barr, or my beautiful sexpot above, in a Titans uniform for 1st down-touchdowns. $200.00 bucks, my man, like I keep wagering. Fiction is fun while watching Marcus on the run outta town, while the Nashville carousel ride continues to spin.

48 minutes ago, Face said:

As for the OP, it's a long season man. So many things change. Maybe it's my ever increasing age but I just don't get as worked up over the first 2-3 weeks as I used to. Look at last year, our running game started off as terrible as I've ever seen, both backs were at it below 3 YPC. The last 5-6 weeks Henry went as dominant as you'll ever see. Evans was already a bust by week 5 but was lights out by week 10. Mariota got sacked 10 times against the Ravens & then was a point from beating the Chargers, Cowboys, and Pats the next 3 games & was terrific.

That TNF was just one of those games. It seemed like the team rallied around Ramsey, it was a short road week, we embarrassed them last year, and they badly needed a win. And the Camobell/Douglas matchup was crippling. And Mariota sucked. It happens. I have a good feeling we play very well next week.

No bullshit. 

Can we frame this?

Best post of the 2019 season. 

At least it comes with factual past statistics and something called "plausible reality."

Go job Face !

3 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

No bullshit. 

Can we frame this?

Best post of the 2019 season. 

At least it comes with factual past statistics and something called "plausible reality."

Go job Face !

Hey Touched The Tard, Sarah told me to remind you that you’re bat shit crazy.