Vrabel: No QB Change Right Now

Jonboy

They said they weren't changing the verbiage from last year, so they're essentially still using LaFleur's system.  The one that it took the offense half the year last year to get comfortable with.

The one Aaron Rogers said this year, is "like learning a new language."  So much so, that he's using a wrist band playbook, something he's never had to do before.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/05/22/packers-notes-learning-new-offense-a-work-progress-rodgers/3753631002/

So, it may not be that they don't want to bench Marcus, it's far more likely that Tannehill is struggling to get comfortable with the playcalls and the verbiage, just like Mariota and Rogers did, and he (Tannehill) just isn't ready to run this system yet.

Orlovsky said it's both different and complex until the offense gets accustomed to it, and then it gets easier.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's look on the bright side...the longer he plays, the better draft pick we're going to have.   That's all I got.

My suggestion 

For a healthy, 5th year QB taken #2 overall, it's god damn ridiculous.  Competent QB play in the last two weeks and this team is 3-0.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

That's the part no one seems to get around here,...

They weren't mental cases when they arrived in N'ville, that came later.

The evidence is mounting however, that the Titans .org turns them into mental cases. (as you so eloquently (lol) explained it)

LOL

Must be the water and food in nashville.  He's used to the pristine waters from Hawaii.

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

There. Avatar changed. Rejoice @NashvilleNinja!

Where were you when the world stopped turning

On that September day?

On the board just rantin' n ravin'

Or callin The Zone to have your say?

Did you stand there in shock at the sight of this Jonboy

Believe in this horrible lie?

Did you shout out in anger, as he changed avatars
Or did you just sit down and cry?

I'm just a poster of simple thoughts
I'm not a real analytical man
I watch ESPN, but I'm not sure I can tell you
The diff'rence from the Jets and Giants
But I know Marcus and I talk to God
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith, hope, and love are some good things He gave us
But the greatest are gloves

jHR4q2I.jpg

VY was absolutely better. He couldn't run an NFL offense, but he was at least a natural runner and could generally scramble and hit wide open WRs. 

Locker was the worst QB of the bunch. He couldn't even pass in college. 

The two QBs we've drafted have been nice guys and good for marketing, but if they were pricks, I bet they'd have been blamed much earlier.

Edited by cenj

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Come on man. Did you watch the last two games? He is missing wide open receivers, not making reads, and taking unnecessary sacks that has led to both losses. He looks lost. He’s done. 

Idk about you, but I'd have the deer in headlights look too if I knew the defense was coming through the line like wet shit through 50cent 1-ply.

If they're not making the change then the only way out is through. Taylor's return and Nate Davis being worth the wait can't come soon enough.

Most of you can't read or something. We know RT isn't the Titan savior. BUT.... I for one would like to see a football travel from the QB's arm on target to a receiver that is 10+ yards down the field. That football should not be high nor behind the receiver, the ball should hit him in stride. In essence, we want to see actual football being played by the team we cheer for. That's it!!!! If they lose fine as long as they played football. 2 games now there has been no football and MM8 is the laughing stock of the NFL and hands down the worst player in the NFL at his position. He is also football stupid with no Game IQ. Last note, do you guys know he doesn't watch film on opposing defenses? That's right he doesn't watch film! Imagine that.....

Also, the coaches we have had past several years have no skills or coaching ability to give to a player. They can't make a player better which means they can't do their job and should have never been hired. Why do you think our players never get better? Why does Corey Davis look clueless on the field? The coaches dont have the ability to teach nor did they even have experience in doing so. Arthur Smith is a fat lazy slob who was paid min wage. Look at him FAT and STUPID. How on earth would he know how to call an offense that's full of athletes.....He can't even get on a treadmill........