Vrabel: No QB Change Right Now

Jonboy

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

If Vrabel rides with Mariota all year you have to question whether he should keep his job.

You gotta respect the guy for not taking the easy out and benching MM after an embarrassing loss.  He knows what is waiting in the wings with Tanny and is in no rush to trot him out there to continue losing games.

I feel pretty certain that AAS has empowered jrob and Vrabel to do what they think is best, while asking that they try and salvage MM.  Let's see if Vrabel can pull off a coaching miracle.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's look on the bright side...the longer he plays, the better draft pick we're going to have.   That's all I got.

My suggestion 

For a healthy, 5th year QB taken #2 overall, it's god damn ridiculous.  Competent QB play in the last two weeks and this team is 3-0.

Posted Images

Just now, Tomachek said:

Tanny isn't that much better than Mariota, I don't know why people seem to think he is.  Neither are long-term solutions, so let Mariota build his case to not re-sign him.

What? Mariota is done. Going to Tannehill is a move to see if he can be better than Mariota this year and help the team win now. No one thinks Tannehill is going to replace Mariota long term. Not sure why I have to keep saying it...

Just now, VaTitan said:

What did I miss?

"Right now"

Mariota keeps it up. It's happening. But if they didn't do it yesterday they weren't going to do it today. You guys are going to have to be patient, but the door is now open, it wasn't before.

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You guys really thought after no pulling him during the game he was going to pull him a day later.

The door is open, you'll just have to suffer more.

Honestly? Yeah. After having time to review the film, I thought he would see how truly bad it was. Same for Jrob.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If Vrabel rides with Mariota all year you have to question whether he should keep his job.

The optics are pretty bad. The fan base will turn on this team if this continues (playing poorly and being coy about changes). I'm really hoping that there is a plan and it relates to Lewan's return. I don't think there's enough goodwill left to pitch this season as a mulligan. Another egg or two and I'd wager the city will move on to hockey season.

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You guys really thought after no pulling him during the game he was going to pull him a day later.

The door is open, you'll just have to suffer more.

Suffering???  If you've been an oiler/Titan fan long enough, this is what NFL football is all about!  

Adoree last night was just carrying on Titans special teams tradition and had me longing for the glory days of Chris Henry and Darius Raynaud.  

13 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Honestly? Yeah. After having time to review the film, I thought he would see how truly bad it was. Same for Jrob.

Nope. In my eyes this was always leaning towards a long haul. Hence my offseason annoyance.

It's going to take a lot because everything you guys loved Mariota for, he's being given a long leash as a result.

The locker room loves him. Fans loved him. Coaches like him. So if they're going to close the door when he absolutely crashes and burns.

The Tennessee Titans fanbase made him the franchise QB even though he hasn't played like one. So he gets the Eli Manning treatment (Manning had a whole extra season)

Edited by big2033