Schefter doesn't think Mariota gets benched this week

AussieTitanFan08

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I want them to make the QB change, but 99% of the attention is on Mariota and people aren't seeing the other flaws we have.

Because it's the most important position on the field. 99% of the attention should be on that position until it's been effectively addressed. The defense has proven themselves time and time again. We know what they're capable of and where their limitations are. It's really difficult to judge the OL when the QB play is this bad and down 2 starters. 

The coaching may start to be a legit concern bc there have been some bizarre decisions. But again...QB is where it all starts and ends.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its even more stupid if they flush the season down the toilet while continuing to back Mariota.

This is where I’m at. This shit is unwatchable.    This roster is stacked and is being dangerously held back by the putrid QB play. 

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Because it's the most important position on the field. 99% of the attention should be on that position until it's been effectively addressed. The defense has proven themselves time and time again. We know what they're capable of and where their limitations are. It's really difficult to judge the OL when the QB play is this bad and down 2 starters. 

The coaching may start to be a legit concern bc there have been some bizarre decisions. But again...QB is where it all starts and ends.

Exactly. 

It's almost impossible to actually evaluate other factors when you know damn well what the biggest problem is and knowing that the other issues with the OL or coaching very likely stem from the main issue. 

1 hour ago, RasKass said:

Males now a days are more emotional than past generations of men. The world and society has become more feminine and males have become more emotional and feminine. They say testosterone levels are way below our grandfather's generation.

When you don't react off of emotions like a woman and look at reality you can see that our issues run much deeper than Mariota...As far as list off issues why we are 1-2 Mariota would be about 4th or 5th on that list. Emotions blinds you...Im a logical guy, I dont have knee jerk reactions. You people are focusing your issues on Mariota because he is the QB and he is a nice person. Mariota has been a solid QB who has won us a playoff game...Hasnt happened since Mcnair. Society has always found it easy to crucify the nice guy, they did it to Jesus Christ. So who is Mariota to escape the wrath of man?? ??

Looks like a new simple Jake.

What in the fuck are you going on about? Knee jerk reactions? It’s been 3 seasons of absolute shit. Idk where your logic is here. Mariota didn’t win that playoff game btw. The D did. Hell Henry did more than Mariota. All Mariota did was throw a bad pass to get deflected into a fluke play.

Idk what you are going on about femininity in males. You look like you’ve based your looks off of mid 2000s Neyo lol.

A decent QB helps but IDK if it makes the OL "solid" when it's this atrocious. Someone like Rivers could but not someone like Tannehill. He'll still get sacked a lot (he got sacked at the a higher rate than MM in his career).

WRs will likely look better, but we'll have more turnovers also.

I still wish they'd make the change. The offense is not playing at a professional level. They have to change something

1 hour ago, RasKass said:

Males now a days are more emotional than past generations of men. The world and society has become more feminine and males have become more emotional and feminine. They say testosterone levels are way below our grandfather's generation.

When you don't react off of emotions like a woman and look at reality you can see that our issues run much deeper than Mariota...As far as list off issues why we are 1-2 Mariota would be about 4th or 5th on that list. Emotions blinds you...Im a logical guy, I dont have knee jerk reactions. You people are focusing your issues on Mariota because he is the QB and he is a nice person. Mariota has been a solid QB who has won us a playoff game...Hasnt happened since Mcnair. Society has always found it easy to crucify the nice guy, they did it to Jesus Christ. So who is Mariota to escape the wrath of man?? ??

What the fuck are you going on about? This post is less stable than our offensive line. 

If this is you using logic, I don't want to know what your illogical side looks like. 

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

This is really frustrating because I feel you can stunt a WR if they don't get some early momentum in their career.

Eventually it may start to eat at coreys confidence and all the other young receivers also. Shit last night you had irvin and smith claiming aj was the #1 and better than corey after 1 game. Corey roasted the sb winning and top rated corner in the nfl last year like it was nothing. Imagine how much worse he could have made gilmore look if he had a qb like a brees, rodgers, mahomes or luck throwing him the ball in that game.

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

We make fun of MM being too beta to speak up last season, but CD is getting a pass so far. I think there is a time and place to publicly criticize and it's fast coming. Someone on this offense needs to get some fire under people but I think it's just too awkward, like MM is a sick kid taking trash shots from beyond the 3pt line in a pickup game and no one wants to say anything.

I agree. Im starting to get tired of after these losses where the qb played like shit guys just coming out with the same "we have to play better" song and dance.

33 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

A decent QB helps but IDK if it makes the OL "solid" when it's this atrocious. Someone like Rivers could but not someone like Tannehill. He'll still get sacked a lot (he got sacked at the a higher rate than MM in his career).

WRs will likely look better, but we'll have more turnovers also.

I still wish they'd make the change. The offense is not playing at a professional level. They have to change something

Entirely true that we might still suck even with tannehill but its impossible to find out if we dont see.

36 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

#LoseForLove

You are the o line guy, how much was it on the o line last night. We all know that Mariota was holding on to the ball long enough for me go to the kitchen and make something to eat come back and he still has the ball. Douglas got a 12.4 PFF grade. (He should be cut). No way Davis could be worse? Right?

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

Exactly. Not just with Marcus ... if they make a move and it fails, it gets worse.

Or it could be the spark the team need. I feel you take the gamble knowing Mariota isn't going to get better, and Tannehill could at least right the ship. The players just want to be able to do their jobs and perform. 

5 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Or it could be the spark the team need. I feel you take the gamble knowing Mariota isn't going to get better, and Tannehill could at least right the ship. The players just want to be able to do their jobs and perform. 

Could be. But understand this is the chance you're taking.

34 minutes ago, Divine said:

You are the o line guy, how much was it on the o line last night. We all know that Mariota was holding on to the ball long enough for me go to the kitchen and make something to eat come back and he still has the ball. Douglas got a 12.4 PFF grade. (He should be cut). No way Davis could be worse? Right?

I’d have to watch the All 22, and it looked bad but Mariota wasn’t doing them any favors. Douglas was not equipped to handle the length of Campbell and Conklin had a bad game. Saffold has also been disappointing in pass pro.

As far as Davis, who knows! Only time will tell. He definitely has the build and flexibility to be good, but I really can’t attempt to guess how good he will be on Sundays without knowing his mental processing, toughness, and how much he improved his technique. I liked him coming out as a developmental guy, but maybe he can adapt quickly. Some guys can do it faster than others.