AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its even more stupid if they flush the season down the toilet while continuing to back Mariota.

This is where I’m at. This shit is unwatchable.    This roster is stacked and is being dangerously held back by the putrid QB play. 

6 minutes ago, RasKass said:

Males now a days are more emotional than past generations of men. The world and society has become more feminine and males have become more emotional and feminine. They say testosterone levels are way below our grandfather's generation.

When you don't react off of emotions like a woman and look at reality you can see that our issues run much deeper than Mariota...As far as list off issues why we are 1-2 Mariota would be about 4th or 5th on that list. Emotions blinds you...Im a logical guy, I dont have knee jerk reactions. You people are focusing your issues on Mariota because he is the QB and he is a nice person. Mariota has been a solid QB who has won us a playoff game...Hasnt happened since Mcnair. Society has always found it easy to crucify the nice guy, they did it to Jesus Christ. So who is Mariota to escape the wrath of man?? ??

Thinly veiled swipes at his critics doesn't change the fact he is playing poorly and has been overall for a while. There is nothing knee jerk about it, it's literally years in the making.

Knee jerking emotional behavior would be when posters claim other posters don't like a player for trivial qualities not related to play *cough*.

Also, I'm not well versed on this, but I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't crucified for being "nice", even if he was a "nice guy".

2 hours ago, RasKass said:

Males now a days are more emotional than past generations of men. The world and society has become more feminine and males have become more emotional and feminine. They say testosterone levels are way below our grandfather's generation.

When you don't react off of emotions like a woman and look at reality you can see that our issues run much deeper than Mariota...As far as list off issues why we are 1-2 Mariota would be about 4th or 5th on that list. Emotions blinds you...Im a logical guy, I dont have knee jerk reactions. You people are focusing your issues on Mariota because he is the QB and he is a nice person. Mariota has been a solid QB who has won us a playoff game...Hasnt happened since Mcnair. Society has always found it easy to crucify the nice guy, they did it to Jesus Christ. So who is Mariota to escape the wrath of man?? ??

Real men identify a problem and solve it. They don't twist themselves into pretzels to make excuses for other grown ass men. You sound like a woman talking bout "It's not him", "he'll change", "it's really not as bad as it looks". Change your pad and check into a battered woman's shelter, you're soft. 

Edited by Mythos27

1 hour ago, SirLanceALot said:

Idk why Vrabel and Robinson have so much pride in making a switch. They didn’t draft Mariota, so why feel pressure to make a switch? You traded for Tannehill, so why not try it now?

This line of thinking takes us to a place none of us want to be and thats the ownership being the one to mandate Mariota plays. 

Don't worry guys. Mariota will deal with the tough beginning stretch of the schedule without Lewan and then once he gets benched next week after the Falcons game, RT will have Lewan back and get to start off by playing Buffalo, Denver, and Bucs in three of the next four weeks after that. 

52 minutes ago, big2033 said:

No, from a team standpoint that could be damaging. I have a feeling a lot of the players are still loyal to Mariota. If they start Tanny and he implodes, you could potentially lose the locker room and fanbase.

Unfortunately, if you're not sure you have to take your sweet as time and make us suffer.

I disagree.  The players aren't stupid. Trust me, they know. Also, I sense they may be frustration in the locker room, and not just with Marcus..

22 minutes ago, RasKass said:

You're right. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about a 25-year old QB and accept what he is.

He isn't your boyfriend. Stop trolling threads.

Just now, Former_Fan said:

I disagree.  The players aren't stupid. Trust me, they know. Also, I sense they may be frustration in the locker room, and not just with Marcus..

Exactly. Not just with Marcus ... if they make a move and it fails, it gets worse.

3 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Don't worry guys. Mariota will deal with the tough beginning stretch of the schedule without Lewan and then once he gets benched next week after the Falcons game, RT will have Lewan back and get to start off by playing Buffalo, Denver, and Bucs in three of the next four weeks after that. 

What!?!?! Then Mariota won't get a chance? Poor guy! 

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

This is where I’m at. This shit is unwatchable. 

This roster is stacked and is being dangerously held back by the putrid QB play. 

Mariota isn't the answer but I'm not so sure the roster is that stacked.

The defense is good, but it's not a championship defense. This isn't even close to the Bears defense. It has exploitable weaknesses at every level.

The OL is still bad. Conklin is solid, but not elite. RG is as bad as it's been in years. Saffold has gotten abused pass blocking. Jones is mediocre.

Also the coaches/JRob are making poor decisions, like Jackson at PR or not properly addressing RG, even outside of MM.

People want the simple answer, replace MM, but there's a lot wrong with this team. It's a 7-9 to 9-7.

The (deserved) criticism of MM is papering over all the other flaws on this team.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Mariota isn't the answer but I'm not so sure the roster is that stacked.

The defense is good, but it's not a championship defense. This isn't even close to the Bears defense. It has exploitable weaknesses at every level.

The OL is still bad. Conklin is solid, but not elite. RG is as bad as it's been in years. Saffold has gotten abused pass blocking. Jones is mediocre.

Also the coaches/JRob are making poor decisions, like Jackson at PR or not properly addressing RG, even outside of MM.

People want the simple answer, replace MM, but there's a lot wrong with this team. It's a 7-9 to 9-7.

The (deserved) criticism of MM is papering over all the other flaws on this team.

We've literally been 9-7 for 3 straight seasons though...with Mariota. And lesser talent around him than this team. 

The defense is very good, but probably not great. The OL is bad right now, but would likely be solid when healthy and a decent QB.

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

We've literally been 9-7 for 3 straight seasons though...with Mariota. And lesser talent around him than this team. 

The defense is very good, but probably not great. The OL is bad right now, but would likely be solid when healthy and a decent QB.

I want them to make the QB change, but 99% of the attention is on Mariota and people aren't seeing the other flaws we have.

Just now, Titans279 said:

I want them to make the QB change, but 99% of the attention is on Mariota and people aren't seeing the other flaws we have.

Do you think the team doesn't know what the main problem is?

No doubt that has some kind of intangible ripple affect across the team even in addition to the very obvious tangible issues we see on the field.