A few thought/defense of the OL

OILERMAN

12 hours ago, Constantine said:

When your OT is playing bad you can still "climb" in the pocket and get extra second or two to wait for play to develop. But when your guard(s) are playing bad, and I mean really,really bad like Douglas bad you are getting Calais Cambell in your face in 1-2 seconds.

That's why I've been so adamant in my Mariota defense. Anybody's pocket awareness would be shit having to operate the kind of "pockets" Douglas, Jones, and Saffold have been giving him.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Hurts don't it? So many were waiting to pile on me but guess what, OILERMAN was right again. Not just right but totally nailed his problems as precise as you could get. It's not Mularkey it's Mariota you bunch of dummies. The coaches are saddled with a bad QB. He's bad in the pocket, he's a one read QB, He's a terrible game manager, I was saying he couldn't execute a straight drop back before the Sando article ever came out. 

Sorry man, maybe next time

You're going to make me hate Randy Travis. And that's a sadder thing than any of his songs.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some posters lack perspective about their own team's play. There are two teams on the field and a lot of good players on each side. Having a competent starter does not mean you expect the starter to w

I’m kind of at a loss at what to even say, as the pass game and OL really (the whole team really) can’t be evaluated properly until Mariota is benched. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

That the Titans organization had a golden opportunity and fucked it up.

Again.

Old song, new verse.

Do you actually think the Titans caused VY or Locker to bust? I was too Young to really think too much about VY but I knew Locker would be a bust and was so mad when we drafted him.

51 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Do you actually think the Titans caused VY or Locker to bust? I was too Young to really think too much about VY but I knew Locker would be a bust and was so mad when we drafted him.

My statement wasn't just about QBs.

Most (nearly all) rookies coming into the NFL need developmental work.  There hasn't been any in N'ville to speak of for ages.  I mean, I haven't see a lot of that at any position on the Titans. 

The one exception may have been Conklin working under Grimm, and getting some help along the way.  Then coming off an injury they swap schemes and coaches on him and he struggles for 4 or 5 games before they pull him again.   That's not professional coaching or decision making.

Then you complicate it by throwing the rookies and the 2nd year guys to the wolves trying to learn a new system with verbiage that sounds like a foreign language.

Vrabel seems to be helping the defensive guys now though, but he needs someone with his level of offensive experience to work with the skill players as well as the O-Line.

Carter isn't the answer.

I don't believe Rob Moore is either.  His stint in Oakland was a bust.  Davis said himself that Harry Douglas was his #1 mentor his rookie year.  Why was that even necessary?

Smith brought the TEs along last year, but this year they seem to have taken a step back.

Don't get me started on Jason Michaels and Pat Ohara.  That's just a freaking joke.

At least Whis had a real QB coach, it's just too bad he didn't have an O-Line coach who was worth a shit.

Take what Reich did with Indy's O-Line last year.  They started off sucking and by late season they were the #1 O-Line in the league.  I have zero faith that Vrabel and his staff will ever pull something like that off.

And it's been that way for ages.

For a bunch of fans that saw first hand how good Munchak was, y'all have short memories.

Edited by TitanDuckFan