Warren Sharp on Smith

Titans279

5 hours ago, abc2330 said:

LaFluer got 68% completion at a comparable YPA out of Marcus, who couldn't grip a ball and had a depleted receiving unit and dealt with some issues on the line himself.  Also top half of the league in third down conversion rate with injured Mariota and Blaine Gabbert, IIRC. He was a damn magician.

Yeah this is overlooked.

LaFleur got more out of this offense, and they didn't beat themselves with penalties, than Smith is getting with more talent. They played better and were better coached last year.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Scine...what in the world?

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Yeah this is overlooked.

LaFleur got more out of this offense, and they didn't beat themselves with penalties, than Smith is getting with more talent. They played better and were better coached last year.

The offense was even more archaic though, running wildcat, etc in terms of playing without OL starters over the first stretch. But yeah, no doubt they were more effective overall while missing OL starters than this offense has been so far this year. 

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

The offense was even more archaic though, running wildcat, etc in terms of playing without OL starters over the first stretch. But yeah, no doubt they were more effective overall while missing OL starters than this offense has been so far this year. 

Better coached!

3 hours ago, ap24786 said:

Please stop with the archaic offense or just bench MM. Running on 2nd and 20 when you're down two scores is absolutel malpractice. 

But who is mandating the play calling? There were numerous games alst year where the team was ultra conservative. Vrabel needs to back the fuck off the offense and let his coaches do their jobs.

Let me ask you guys a serious question. Do some math for me. Which is greater:

1.) 2 yard run

2.) 6 sack

3.) Incomplete Pass

Those are the 3 most likely scenarios with this offense (QB) and any play he calls. The first one offers a chance for positive yardage with a back who has one of the lowest fumble % in the NFL since he got here. 

It's easily understandable that many/most posters believe Marcus is a lost cause. I can easily see that argument.

I also agree alot with @scine09. I dont think it's an arm strength thing or even throwing before the reciever makes his break. 

I tend to believe that Marcus hesitates when the reciever and he need to be on the same page as to what they read the defense doing. The long Sharpe throw last night where Marcus threw it to one side while Sharpe was looking over his other shoulder is a good example. And there are many others like that in my opinion. He is too cautious and doesn't want to throw an interception. Who is wrong in their read? I dont know and most posters dont either. 

If I were the coaches I would take some All 22 films from other teams. At presnap ask the recievers and Marcus to write down what the defense is showing. Then run the play right up to the point where the reciever has to make a decision which way to break. Then ask the recievers and Marcus to write down which way they should break based on the defense. See if their answers match. Do this 1000 times until they get on the same page.

His high throws are about equal to other QBs if you ask me.