Warren Sharp on Smith

Titans279

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Scine...what in the world?

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

Posted Images

I think people are getting the false idea that I'm trying to defend Mariota.  I'm not.  What I'm trying to do is think of ways that they could perform better as an offense with him under center.  Instead of just bashing the guy like everyone else is doing, I'd rather try and think of solutions.  Because the garbage they're rolling out right now isn't working.

And if/when he's not the quarterback then we'll worry about the next guy.

Just now, scine09 said:

I think people are getting the false idea that I'm trying to defend Mariota.  I'm not.  What I'm trying to do is think of ways that they could perform better as an offense with him under center.  Instead of just bashing the guy like everyone else is doing, I'd rather try and think of solutions.  Because the garbage they're rolling out right now isn't working.

And if/when he's not the quarterback then we'll worry about the next guy.

The coaches/GM want the offense to go through Henry, Mariota's a secondary piece. I agree with you that that will not work. What they did the last month of the season last year is what they want. Problem is that was against shit teams. 

Mariota simply cannot execute a drop back passing game. Teams are stopping the playaction passes. 

I don't think there is anything they can do with MM as the starter to improve the running game  

16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

All you have to do is go back to the Sando piece on Mariota. He was ranked 27th and the scouting reports from actual NFL people said exactly what's going on. Get a lead and make him throw and "he can't do it". He's not declining physically he's being exposed. He still made some big throws last night. 

Ever since MM came out his success has came from highly scheme plays, the first game against TB a perfect example. If you're having to scheme then DCs will catch on and counter it. 

My belief on what is going on with the 1st down running is teams are on to the fact the Titans want to run playaction on 1st down and teams have adjusted. The counter to that is to actually run the ball on 1st down and force teams to respect the run so that playaction will work. This is now the 3rd play caller in a row who has went way above the norm in terms of running on 1st down and it's steadily more heavy each time. 

This is what he is. The scouting reports warned of it and this is what we have. 

The shift now goes away from attacking Mariota, he is what he is. This is who Robinson/Vabel want running the offense. As long as they run MM out there the blame lies with them. 

Sheesh. You actually think Mariota looks anything like he did coming out or in 16? Go ahead and say it. Say you think he’s the same QB, and that the broken leg, cracked vertebrae, nerve damage, has left him looking anything like he did his first couple years. Feel free to do it and somehow end up on the wrong side of this. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

The coaches/GM want the offense to go through Henry, Mariota's a secondary piece. I agree with you that that will not work. What they did the last month of the season last year is what they want. Problem is that was against shit teams. 

Mariota simply cannot execute a drop back passing game. Teams are stopping the playaction passes. 

I don't think there is anything they can do with MM as the starter to improve the running game  

I would rather see them try and throw it over the yard with him than the crap they're running.  And if it doesn't work it doesn't work.  

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Vrabel is a big problem here, go back and watch Arthur Smith's press conference from last week, he basically said Vrabel sets the offensive philosophy for the game and Smith builds a game plan around it.

I warned everyone about this last year... vrabel needs to stay out of the offense. 

Just now, oldschool said:

I dont like def OCs in this era for this reason. His comment at halftime was cringe worthy. Win the game 17-14? Are you kidding me? Its Fisher all over again.

I think his point was being down by 14 he just wanted to get enough points to win.  I doubt he'd say that if it was a closer game.

Just now, scine09 said:

I think his point was being down by 14 he just wanted to get enough points to win.  I doubt he'd say that if it was a closer game.

That is the entire point. An off minded coach would want to go out and execute on every drive. Hes really showing his conservative nature on offense. Now is it related to the fact the QB is bad? We don't know but I doubt it.

34 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I warned everyone about this last year... vrabel needs to stay out of the offense. 

i really want PK to ask him how much he’s telling the OC to run/ pass on given plays during the game vs his obvious conservative gameplans. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

All you have to do is go back to the Sando piece on Mariota. He was ranked 27th and the scouting reports from actual NFL people said exactly what's going on. Get a lead and make him throw and "he can't do it". He's not declining physically he's being exposed. He still made some big throws last night. 

Ever since MM came out his success has came from highly scheme plays, the first game against TB a perfect example. If you're having to scheme then DCs will catch on and counter it. 

My belief on what is going on with the 1st down running is teams are on to the fact the Titans want to run playaction on 1st down and teams have adjusted. The counter to that is to actually run the ball on 1st down and force teams to respect the run so that playaction will work. This is now the 3rd play caller in a row who has went way above the norm in terms of running on 1st down and it's steadily more heavy each time. 

This is what he is. The scouting reports warned of it and this is what we have. 

The shift now goes away from attacking Mariota, he is what he is. This is who Robinson/Vabel want running the offense. As long as they run MM out there the blame lies with them.

This is what I'm sayin!

The deserve blame for MM, mis-handling the OL, Adoree, even the RB position isn't great since Henry can't catch and the guy who's supposed to compliment him is useless.

Also Tannehill was ranked at the bottom of Tier 3 in Sando's 2018 rankings...

Edited by Titans279