How can anybody defend Mariota?

headhunter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really feel Marcus is going to turn the corner next week. He looked so close tonight.

I posted this in the game thread. Unfortunately @OILERMAN was right two years ago.    The O-Line is bad, yes. A few of those plays where Campbell pulverized Douglas are indefensible.  

Corey Davis? Jesus. You are blaming a guy who had to jump 4 ft. in the air to one hand a 5 yard pass?   I just can't.

Posted Images

I will say that the o-line was by far the biggest problem tonight.  Marcus had zero time almost every play.  That aside, the fact that a 6th round pick can hit his man, but our 2nd overall pick couldn't for most of the game is ridiculous.  And Butler fucked shit up as well.  Not to defend MM, but there were bigger issues tonight.

Just now, jphardy said:

I will say that the o-line was by far the biggest problem tonight.  Marcus had zero time almost every play.  That aside, the fact that a 6th round pick can hit his man, but our 2nd overall pick couldn't for most of the game is ridiculous.  And Butler fucked shit up as well.  Not to defend MM, but there were bigger issues tonight.

Be honest:  Some of those sacks were on him holding the ball for a long time.

If it wasn’t raining and the wind wasn’t blowing and the Jags fans weren’t so loud, and if the grass on the field wasn’t so green and traffic outside the stadium so crazy. If not for all that, Marcus would’ve been fine. You can’t expect a QB to succeed with that kind of stuff going on. 

Those stadium lights were pretty bright too.

C’mon people.

Edited by TitansFan23

1 minute ago, TitansFan23 said:

If it wasn’t raining and the wind wasn’t blowing and the Jags fans weren’t so loud, and if the grass on the field wasn’t so green and traffic outside the stadium so crazy. If not for all that, Marcus would’ve been fine. You can’t expect a QB to succeed with that kind of stuff going on. 

Those stadium lights were pretty bright too.

C’mon people.

Did you even read what people posted? Not a single person has backed or excused his poor play by any stretch of the imagination.

18 minutes ago, RasKass said:

Total team loss...Terrible decision to put Adoree back there to return punts when he has a history of messing up. Defense let another Backup Quarterback carve them up and I don't think had 1 sack. Offensive line played like a Turnstyle. Derrick Henry and our punter showed up. Total team loss.

Oh yeah, and the refs were so bad Tom Brady turned the game off.

Derrick Henry dropped a perfect screen TD