Hey Guru, your servers implode often

TitanicoNFLriotFAN

Yes, it’s been an issue here for a few months but it’s  been a lot better since the redesign.

Still,  our two years (four years total) is coming up on our current host in a month. I will be evaluating other hosts and people have really been generous on the Patreon since the redesign so we can likely get something a bit more beefy. We’re on the current host’s fastest plan so I can’t do much about it here. I just want to make sure if we move it’s to the right host so I don’t regret it.

I’ll also check out the error logs to see if I can nail down anything other than load that might be blowing things up. 

@TitansGuru

Another thing to look at when you have time is the new drop down menus.  There's a little space or something between the main menu and the drop down.  It drops down and then I keep losing the drop down menu when my mouse tries to move down and hits the space.

Just now, abenjami said:

@TitansGuru

Another thing to look at when you have time is the new drop down menus.  There's a little space or something between the main menu and the drop down.  It drops down and then I keep losing the drop down menu when my mouse tries to move down and hits the space.

On which theme? I’ll fix this and the notification alert at the bottom this weekend 

10 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Yes, it’s been an issue here for a few months but it’s  been a lot better since the redesign.

Still,  our two years (four years total) is coming up on our current host in a month. I will be evaluating other hosts and people have really been generous on the Patreon since the redesign so we can likely get something a bit more beefy. We’re on the current host’s fastest plan so I can’t do much about it here. I just want to make sure if we move it’s to the right host so I don’t regret it.

I’ll also check out the error logs to see if I can nail down anything other than load that might be blowing things up. 

Maybe you don't need fastest servers, but servers who could manage better the heavy-traffic.  

Meaning something like this:
https://www.webconfs.com/900/5-tips-for-developing-websites-with-heavy-traffic/

1 minute ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

Maybe you don't need fastest servers, but servers who could manage better the heavy-traffic.  

Meaning something like this:
https://www.webconfs.com/900/5-tips-for-developing-websites-with-heavy-traffic/

There is a concurrent connection limit for some reason. Doesn’t show anywhere except in the logs.

Archived