Week 3: Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't contend in today's NFL with this passing game   If you;re really this afraid of your QB then change QBs

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Let's put it this way.  They're not moving the ball at all with Mariota.  What's the downside to going with Tannehill at this point?

This offense is broken. Miscommunication, penalties, bad weather, and going against an elite defense. 

Tannehill will likely start next game as he'd have a week and a half to get ready.

1 minute ago, OzTitan said:

At first I thought benching MM had to be a thought out decision because you can't go back to him this season if you do that. But that was when I thought the team might still think he is the answer at QB. Surely they can't think that now, if they ever did heading into this season.

There is no reason not to bench him at this point. If RT is worse, then just trot MM out there again. Hell, sign some practice squad guy. RT is the only hope at this point.

At this point a 6th round rookie is outperforming him. Just put someone else in. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Mariota was already way risk averse and I believe that now that there is a ton of pressure on him rather than stepping up he's becoming even more risk averse. 

He's basically in a shell now completely afraid to take any risk whatsoever. 

He's not stepping into passes or letting it rip at all. 

He let it rip on one of those deep sideline passes and it was comically weak given the effort it seemed to take. He's playing with as low confidence as any NFL QB ever has.

Just now, ap24786 said:

This offense is broken. Miscommunication, penalties, bad weather, and going against an elite defense. 

Tannehill will likely start next game as he'd have a week and a half to get ready.

It's been awful.  Forget the Jacksonville defense, the Titans have shot themselves in the foot.  And it doesn't help with the constant flags just completely ruining any flow to the game.

1 minute ago, OzTitan said:

At first I thought benching MM had to be a thought out decision because you can't go back to him this season if you do that. But that was when I thought the team might still think he is the answer at QB. Surely they can't think that now, if they ever did heading into this season.

There is no reason not to bench him at this point. If RT is worse, then just trot MM out there again. Hell, sign some practice squad guy. RT is the only hope at this point.

I'm still on the Mariota train.

But if they put Tannehill out there I wouldn't be heartbroken right now.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic