Titans Should Bypass Drafting QB And Trade For A Vet QB Instead

MIKE75

Stafford is 31 in an era where QBs are playing into their late 30s, early 40s. Lions would have to fire Quinn and Patricia and do a complete start over and the odds are long on that happening; they're not going to finish that badly where they'd be in the lottery for a new quaterback.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did already trade for a veteran QB

I’m the last 30 years, I believe 24 of the Super Bowls were won by QB’s who are either in the Hall of Fame or will be shortly.  Many of them won multiple Super Bowls too.     Of the other 6,

If we dump Mariota, the strategy is likely to be sign Tannehill on a 2 year deal that you can get out of in 1 year without breaking the bank and draft a QB. We re-enter the QB sweepstakes and hope to draft a good one.

sigh.

Young, Locker, Mariota. At least you can say we don't give up on a 1st round QB easily.

Even if u draft a rookie,at this point the teams ready to compete and not everyone can step in and be a Mahomes.Thats evident by the shit qb play u see weekly.U almost have to sign RT to an extension of 2 years I’d say.Doesnt make sense to go get another vet to have to learn the system etc.RT be perfect has a year already in the system,plus gives u a better chance to win than a rookie by far.Thats all of Mariota doesn’t get resigned which I don’t believe he will.

5 hours ago, ctm said:

The lions would have a 26M dead cap hit if they cut Stafford next year.

I would give a first for Stafford and then draft the top QB in 2021. Double down on this shit. We have a window right now with the roster as it is, even if we lose some players to FA

Here's the Sando clip about Stafford btw

Stafford’s average tier slipped from 1.7 last summer to 2.2 this time, as only one voter placed him in the top tier, down from 15 a year ago. Voters expressed disappointment that Stafford’s top-tier talent hasn’t translated to greater team success. “He can do everything you want, but you are always waiting for everyone around him to get better, and usually what happens with the top guys, they make those guys better, and you just do not see that happening with him,” a defensive coordinator said. “I’m not saying it’s his fault. I do not know whose fault it is. But the good quarterbacks make the team better.”

The lone top-tier vote for Stafford came from a coach who was an easy grader overall. This coach blamed perpetually bad offensive line play for Stafford’s failure to elevate the Lions. “I still think he’s a 2,” a GM said. “He has 1 talent, but 2 production. He hasn’t won as much as they had hoped, but I think they haven’t helped him a lot, either. Last year, they traded his best receiver. I just think he’s talented, I think he’s a competitor. He scares us.”

The Lions seem focused on developing a rushing attack. Could that help Stafford the way a dominant running game helped John Elway late in his career? Stafford is not Elway, but both were No. 1 overall picks known for their unusually gifted arms. “If they get people in single-high (safety) against Matt all the time, he should flourish,” one voter said. “He can beat man coverage. He can make every throw, and guys (on defense) do not have time to get there because he can really throw it.”

1 minute ago, japan said:

Yikes

Yeah...

Mariota was 26th in the 2019 list.

This is the 2018 list:

Tier 1:

T1. Aaron Rodgers
T1. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 2:

5. Matt Ryan
6. Russell Wilson
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Carson Wentz
10. Andrew Luck
11. Cam Newton
12. Derek Carr
13. Jimmy Garoppolo
14. Deshaun Watson

Tier 3:

T15. Kirk Cousins
T15. Alex Smith
T17. Eli Manning
T17. Dak Prescott
19. Jared Goff
20. Jameis Winston
21. Marcus Mariota
22. Andy Dalton
T23. Joe Flacco
T23. Case Keenum
25. Tyrod Taylor
26. Blake Bortles
27. Ryan Tannehill
28. Sam Bradford

Tier 4:

29. Mitchell Trubisky
30. Josh McCown
31. Patrick Mahomes
32. AJ McCarron

12 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Who said RT was the answer?  geee, nobody.  Try some reading comprehension.  So you are laughing at something nobody said.  That is kind da retarded actually.  

There is the one guy who is really a big RT fan and said RT was playing at a HOF level early in his career. It's definitely not a popular opinion that he's a long term answer though. Basically everyone is saying he's a bridge QB.

40 minutes ago, RasKass said:

The thing is other than Injuries Mariota has been a decent Quarterback with still time to become great. Dudes had absolutely no consistency at the Offensive coordinator spot & has had no number 1 target his entire time in Nashville...Delanie Walkers a tight end and been old since he got here lol.

Look at how much time guys like Andy Dalton gets...Dalton hasn't won a playoff game. Titans need consistency at the Quarterback spot. We can't keep swapping quarterbacks every 4 years. You know our offense all around has been trash...Trash players and trash play calling in the past...Mariota is the only reason we been winning.

And it doesn’t take 5 years to find out what you have at QB. This is the best offense hes had since hes been here. I don’t know what stats you’re basing the “decent” QB on because aside from like 6 games a few years ago hes been below average in a lot of categories. 

1 hour ago, Dinx81 said:

And it doesn’t take 5 years to find out what you have at QB. This is the best offense hes had since hes been here. I don’t know what stats you’re basing the “decent” QB on because aside from like 6 games a few years ago hes been below average in a lot of categories. 

And after 2.5 yrs, 90% of this board wanted Henry gone. Now he is a must sign.

You never know when the game slows down for a player. It would be 1000 times better for the Titans if it comes together this year for MM. Therefore, he will get the year to prove his worth to the coaches, not some message board users.