Titans Should Bypass Drafting QB And Trade For A Vet QB Instead

MIKE75

4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

And after 2.5 yrs, 90% of this board wanted Henry gone. Now he is a must sign.

You never know when the game slows down for a player. It would be 1000 times better for the Titans if it comes together this year for MM. Therefore, he will get the year to prove his worth to the coaches, not some message board users.

Henry didn’t get any real carries his rookie year and he didn’t have 3 years worth of bad play, it was a few games here and there. Comparing a RB to a QB doesn’t help your cause either. He absolutely will not get the rest of the year if he keeps playing like he has not just last game but the past few years. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did already trade for a veteran QB

I’m the last 30 years, I believe 24 of the Super Bowls were won by QB’s who are either in the Hall of Fame or will be shortly.  Many of them won multiple Super Bowls too.     Of the other 6,

39 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I’ve mentioned Fromm a lot, but I think a guy to watch is Joe Burrow out of LSU. Man, did that guy improve. 

Haven’t seen much of Jordan Love yet, what are the thoughts on him?

Jordan Love is pretty raw but he has unique arm talent, has a lightning release and the ability to make off platform throws, he will need time to adjust to running an NFL offense though.

Might be a bit of a boom or bust prospect but if he hits he could be really special.

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Jordan Love is pretty raw but he has unique arm talent, has a lightning release and the ability to make off platform throws, he will need time to adjust to running an NFL offense though.

Might be a bit of a boom or bust prospect but if he hits he could be really special.

Is he better than Kellen Mond, Though?  He also looks incredible if you only focus on his highlights

7 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Is he better than Kellen Mond, Though?  He also looks incredible if you only focus on his highlights

Miller/Jeremiah/Brugler/The Draft Network guys are pretty high on Love, he needs to get more consistent reading defenses but there is a lot of upside there if developed properly.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

21 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Who said RT was the answer?  geee, nobody.  Try some reading comprehension.  So you are laughing at something nobody said.  That is kind da retarded actually.  

OMG are your serious right now? If you read through the comments made in this thread...many posters have suggested that they feel RT should be extended & have made this assertion in a wide variety of threads prior to this one. That, I guess, is based on something RT did against scrubs in the preseason or maybe just because his name is not Marcus Mariota...who the fuck knows. So, all I was questioning is, how can RT even be remotely considered a future option by so many so often here, when no one knows how he'll do if/when he does get a chance to start in this offense. I mean, given the sheer volume of the "RT should be the starter" comments that have been made (and continue to be made DAILY) makes your apparent lack of awareness regarding them is truly pathetic & embarrassing. As are those who stupidly suggest, as many as you "retards" have, that given the talent level on this team & their desire to "win now", that a "bridge QB" should even be a consideration at this point...

Edited by enigma

4 hours ago, Titans279 said:

There is the one guy who is really a big RT fan and said RT was playing at a HOF level early in his career. It's definitely not a popular opinion that he's a long term answer though. Basically everyone is saying he's a bridge QB.

Wow...so you really think that a "bridge QB" is what JR & Vrabel should aspire to/settle for next season? In what world would this make any f'n sense for a team as talented & clearly in the "win now" mode as the Titans are?  

14 minutes ago, enigma said:

Wow...so you really think that a "bridge QB" is what JR & Vrabel should aspire to/settle for next season? In what world would this make any f'n sense for a team as talented & clearly in the "win now" mode as the Titans are?  

Franchise qb's don't grow on trees and they generally don't hit the FA or trade market.  So Tannehill might be the best short term option while they also draft a qb in round 1 in 2020.  

You tell me which qb's the Titans should be pursuing that may hit the FA or trade market?  Not much there.

The problem I see with Stafford is why isn't it happening in Detroit?  Football is a game and some people know how to play games.  I haven't followed Detroit enough to know for sure they have surrounded him with the right talent.  Two of the best to ever play have just walked away from the game because they did not see the Detroit doing what it took to win.  But QB are the one player who has a lot to do with the team winning, especially in the final minutes.  Is Stafford clutch?

Tannehill we know has been saddled with a bad organization.  The once great Dolphins are now stripping the team.  That probably didn't start this year.  Tannehill has been held back by injuries, too.  So, you have to have a Foles type backup if you go with him.  I like him because I have seen more of him.  Can he hold it together to win games or close them out?  I think we'll find that out this year.

I am definitely more in favor of the vet QB.  Mayfield is one of the better young ones and we just saw him fall apart in the spotlight.  Mahomes is about the coolest one to come along that the game wasn't too big for him.

JR strikes me as a GM who'd prefer to bring in a vet and then maybe use a later pick on a QB, but won't force it. I'm not sure RT is that vet - it depends on whether he gets play time this season and whether it is positive play.

Who knows which vets might be available. Rivers is set to be a FA this offseason. Brees can be let go this offseason with no dead money hit. Eli for sure (ugh). Keenum should be available. Cousins could be a trade target if he isn't impressive enough for the Vikings to extend.

5 hours ago, OzTitan said:

JR strikes me as a GM who'd prefer to bring in a vet and then maybe use a later pick on a QB, but won't force it. I'm not sure RT is that vet - it depends on whether he gets play time this season and whether it is positive play.

Who knows which vets might be available. Rivers is set to be a FA this offseason. Brees can be let go this offseason with no dead money hit. Eli for sure (ugh). Keenum should be available. Cousins could be a trade target if he isn't impressive enough for the Vikings to extend.

Good points. I definitely think he would prefer to bring in a vet. After all we have a pretty good roster and i know JRob doesnt want to waste a win now type roster on some rookie who may not pan out.

Mariota is leaving all kinds of plays on the field if he hits on a couple of those plays last week we beat Indy. I think if we had a Rivers/Stafford we are a 10 or 11 win team easily.

An alternative would be to roll with Tanny as the starter next season and have a Foles like back up as someone has suggested earlier. With the way Tanny was hitting receivers this preseason i wouldnt be shocked to see the offense improve.

Edited by MIKE75