Titans Should Bypass Drafting QB And Trade For A Vet QB Instead

MIKE75

I think due to how well Jon Robinson has done getting the roster in a competitive spot that the team would be better off going after a vet QB then wasting a couple years again with a rookie.

After all teams have done this before and i can state examples.

The first team that comes to mind is Kansas City in 2013 most folks thought they would draft a QB but instead traded for Alex Smith and had five straight winning seasons before finally drafting Mahomes in 2018.

Another team that went the vet QB route instead of drafting a QB was Arizona also in 2013 opting to trade for Carson Palmer and they had three straight winning seasons including an NFC championship appearance.

Here is what i would do.....

A: Call San Francisco and see how much they want for Mullins. He has done well when he has had to start.

B: Trade for a vet like Stafford there have been rumors of the Lions possibly looking to scrap things and reboot and if they did i would be on the phone immediately. I'd give up a second round pick wouldn't you?  Imagine how much our offense would open up.

I know they probably won't do this. As much as i like Tannehill as others have pointed out Miami let him go for a reason and he is injury prone like Mariota is.  With that being said i am not against giving him a chance.

I think after seeing the last two weeks the writing is on the wall Mariota has regressed and looks bad. They need to put Tannehill in BEFORE the season ends up in shambles because he may be what the team needs short term.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did already trade for a veteran QB

I’m the last 30 years, I believe 24 of the Super Bowls were won by QB’s who are either in the Hall of Fame or will be shortly.  Many of them won multiple Super Bowls too.     Of the other 6,

11 minutes ago, RasKass said:

We're gonna resign Mariota hopefully. We have had winning records every year with him starting & finally won us a playoff game.

We need to have faith in him and maybe bring in a new QB coach in the off season if anything. We need to maintain consistency at the QB position instead of playing musical chairs every 4 years.

Hes too limited as a passer and panics in the pocket to warrant a $25 million a year price tag. We won inspite of him 

Mullins is not proven, also plays in the most QB friendly system.

Stafford would intrigue most of us due to his big arm and volume stats. Eerily similar to Kerry Collins when we had him. Winding down career, not much wins associated with his career- but can be a short term fill to help us get to and win in the playoffs.

Outside of something crazy I don't see this happening. Any qb on the market wouldn't get it done so I think a rook is the way we have to go. As was said before tany can be that transistion. Idk if he will like that but it is what it is. Im not to sure about this years draft class so idk what i would want us 2 do as far as that goes.

44 minutes ago, RasKass said:

We're gonna resign Mariota hopefully. We have had winning records every year with him starting & finally won us a playoff game.

We need to have faith in him and maybe bring in a new QB coach in the off season if anything. We need to maintain consistency at the QB position instead of playing musical chairs every 4 years.

This has 2 be sarcasm

6 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I’m the last 30 years, I believe 24 of the Super Bowls were won by QB’s who are either in the Hall of Fame or will be shortly.  Many of them won multiple Super Bowls too.  

Of the other 6, none won more than once. 

So no. Find a HOF caliber QB or bust. 

It’s simple!

15 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I’m the last 30 years, I believe 24 of the Super Bowls were won by QB’s who are either in the Hall of Fame or will be shortly.  Many of them won multiple Super Bowls too.  

Of the other 6, none won more than once. 

So no. Find a HOF caliber QB or bust. 

Tank for Lawrence.