Could Jamal Adams be the next big star to move?

TitansGuru

At some point the league, and it may already be happening, is going to put behind the scenes pressure to not give in to players still on their first contract who get disgruntled because their team is not going well. There are too many small market teams to let this become the NBA.

4 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

At some point the league, and it may already be happening, is going to put behind the scenes pressure to not give in to players still on their first contract who get disgruntled because their team is not going well. There are too many small market teams to let this become the NBA.

What type of pressure do you imagine?

"First contracts" are a "take it or leave it" situation with the rookies having little power.  The XFL could potentially change that.  

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Imagine if we would have drafted Jalen and Adams. Jeez.

Adams is one of my favorite players. After we didn't draft him, I had to go into the bathroom and cut to get over it. 

I said to do just that.........

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Right. And RB is different. As well as every position on the OL other than LT. So ppl say. 

Which is why Dallas, as just one example, who looks pretty damn good right now, has the best offensive line because they took a G and C in the first round. And took a RB high as well. While taking their QB in round 3, was it?

There is no perfect way to create a SB winning team. There is no perfect formula of "how to draft". You do what your team needs. 

Yes, WR was a need at the time we took Davis. But so was safety. So at that point it shouldnt be "well we just cant take a safety that high, regardless of how good he is", you take the best damn player. We simply didn't do that. In fact, there were about 6 players at a position of need that were and currently are better than Davis, and we botched it. Hell, I'd take Evan Engram over Davis right now. Even with having Walker healthy. Would actually make more sense for all this two TE system we're running. Which btw was a problem most around here had with Mularkey and co. But now praising Vrabel for it. 

IMO strong safeties are less valuable than OL, RB, and TE. I would take any of those three high and well before strong safeties. IMO it's the least valuable position on the field save for a blocking TE with little receiving upside. Rangy free safeties are a different story entirely. 

2 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

I'm sure the league will be meeting about this soon. These 32 billionaires are not gonna let their product fizzle. 

They're starting to follow the AB format very quickly though...Salary cap should prevent this. 

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Imagine if we would have drafted Jalen and Adams. Jeez.

Adams is one of my favorite players. After we didn't draft him, I had to go into the bathroom and cut to get over it. 

Absolutely.  It would be great to have two cancers who quit on their teams instead of a guy who is graciously dealing with his incredibly shitty hand instead!