Colts Recap Thread

Jonboy

1 hour ago, tgo said:

So this is the drive I'm thinking of: 2nd to last drive, sorry - 

image.thumb.png.235f95cf93e17a099fe4af80673f3a72.png

Then - the drive before this - they pulled Henry for Lewis after he was running successfully, which was not smart imo

The drive after the Colts took the lead?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think it's ridiculous from a coaching standpoint that Henry and Lewis had equal snaps. Maybe Henry isn't quite in "football shape" yet, although well conditioned overall, after missing al

I pray @8MM doesn't die before Mariota is benched. I want him to see this

The biggest thing I’ve been meaning to point at regarding the defense is how much the weather played a factor. This was the hottest game ever played in Nissan stadium. I was there and it was hard to j

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, h4t said:

I'm not sure why, but oldschool is going to defend taking Henry out of the fourth quarter come hell or high water.  I quess its because he is smarter than us casual fans.

lol I'm not defending it. I'm saying it's easy to overreact to 15 carries without looking into things a little deeper. I am smarter than casual fans and if you call yourself one get used to being schooled in such matters.

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

okay so we all bitch when the team runs on 1st down or runs on 2nd and 10. When they don't do either on a crucial drive somehow thats points to the OC fucking up? Can't have it both ways. 

Well I'm not one of the guys that bitches about running on first down or 2nd and 10 - I'm all about running the football on early downs. 

But point being - I just think in such a crucial situation in a 4 minute type drive with a worn down defense, right after a drive where Henry had success early in the drive, that they should have put the ball in his hands instead of Mariota's hands. 

Ultimately the issue is the QB - not coaching. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

Well I'm not one of the guys that bitches about running on first down or 2nd and 10 - I'm all about running the football on early downs. 

But point being - I just think in such a crucial situation in a 4 minute type drive with a worn down defense, right after a drive where Henry had success early in the drive, that they should have put the ball in his hands instead of Mariota's hands. 

Ultimately the issue is the QB - not coaching. 

Again we all love aggressive play calling. Everyone expected the Titans to hand off to henry on 1st down so they threw it. Then on 2nd and 10, same thing. The series just got away from them because the QB is terrible.

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that previously successful offensive players come to this team and suddenly don't look good.

Hes probably only used to holding blocks for 2 3 seconds max you know like every other olinemen in the league that doesnt have mariota as their qb.

Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) Tweeted:
Vrabel: @Titans have to find a ways to be more efficient on offense. Has kept team from being able to do more throwing the ball down the field

Is Vrabel taking a shot at or protecting  Mariota here?

3 hours ago, h4t said:

I'm not sure why, but oldschool is going to defend taking Henry out of the fourth quarter come hell or high water.  I quess its because he is smarter than us casual fans.

He thinks he's the smartest guy in the universe.  That's why he's so cocky.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055757/article/patrick-mahomes-thrills-eddy-pineiro-delivers-kirk-cousins-fails

Week 2

Yep, it's another delicious spread of LOVE/LIKE/LOATHE! Here's the main course, Schein Nine style:

5) Indianapolis Colts' tenacity

The Colts beating the Titans in Nashville won't dominate talk radio or register clicks. But don't lose site of the significance. Indianapolis grinded a division win out on the road on a day where the legendary Adam Vinatieri couldn't make a kick (again).

The Colts needed this after the overtime loss in Week 1 to the Chargers, after the stunning retirement of Andrew Luck. And seeing how the Titans were fresh off a 30-point drubbing of the Browns, Indy's 19-17 triumph was no easy task.

The AFC South is going to be congested. This gets the train on the tracks for the talented Jacoby Brissett, who had three touchdown passes (against one pick), and the Colts.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic