Keith Carter should be fired

Supdawg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He didn’t on Sunday. All 5 sacks were under 2.8 seconds, with 3 of them coming in under 2.5. The OL got worked. I’m not sure why this is hard for some. There are only a few left defending Mariota. I’m

If you'll recall, the Dallas Cowboys fired their OL coach during the bye week last year.   Apparently he'd been coaching his players to use some new, different techniques with their hand placement and

Felt this way last year, but this year further solidifies my feelings. Dude clearly is not a good coach. We have invested major assets in the Oline and we're just really bad. At some point JRob has to

Posted Images

Lol what? 

Keith Carter isn’t a world beater but Mariota was holding the ball for waaaaaaaaaay too long the last two games and most of the sacks are his fault.  He refuses to check it down to wide open guys ALL THE TIME. There was only one play yesterday that was the OL’s fault with Saffold getting beat quickly. 

OL play hasn't been that bad....especially for an O-line that is down two starters, one of whom is by far the team's best OL.

Last week, the Browns schemed a ton of pressure with unblocked blitzers and delayed blitzes, often sending more pass rushers than the Titans had blockers.   

Saffold was pretty bad this week and accounted for two sacks....but the O-line was reasonably solid otherwise.      The QB can't expect to sit in the pocket for 4-5 seconds and be protected...he has to get the ball out of his hand.   And in this area, Mariota failed miserably yesterday.

Just now, nine said:

OL play hasn't been that bad....especially for an O-line that is down two starters, one of whom is by far the team's best OL.

Last week, the Browns schemed a ton of pressure with unblocked blitzers and delayed blitze.

Saffold was pretty bad this week and accounted for two sacks....but the O-line was reasonably solid otherwise.      The QB can't expect to sit in the pocket for 4-5 seconds and be protected...he has to get the ball out of his hand.   And in this area, Mariota failed miserably yesterday.

I keep saying this. Kelly sucks and the OL depth is suspect. How that is Carter's fault is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol what? 

Keith Carter isn’t a world beater but Mariota was holding the ball for waaaaaaaaaay too long the last two games and most of the sacks are his fault.  He refuses to check it down to wide open guys ALL THE TIME. There was only one play yesterday that was the OL’s fault with Saffold getting beat quickly. 

Sorry, this isn't a hot take based on yesterday's game. I do agree that most of those sacks could have been avoided by MM. However, lots of pressure on almost all known passing situations. 

Couldn’t upload a video but I took a screenshot of it. Marcus has a clean pocket to step up into. He’s panicking for no reason. I put arrows on THREE players open. Davis has an easy touchdown and Lewis is wide open for the checkdown. I think that’s Brown coming open across the middle. This isn’t the offensive lines fault. 

E93F64C2-3079-437A-8475-070DDAB7007C.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Sorry, this isn't a hot take based on yesterday's game. I do agree that most of those sacks could have been avoided by MM. However, lots of pressure on almost all known passing situations. 

Gotcha. 

I’m unsure on Carter personally but the OL’s performance late last year and this year down two starters give me some hope. 

With Saffold getting beat, that’s not really coaching - he’s a 10 year vet whose weakness is pass protection. I bet Lewan will help cover his deficiencies. 

Edited by tgo

5 hours ago, SirLanceALot said:

Couldn’t upload a video but I took a screenshot of it. Marcus has a clean pocket to step up into. He’s panicking for no reason. I put arrows on THREE players open. Davis has an easy touchdown and Lewis is wide open for the checkdown. I think that’s Brown coming open across the middle. This isn’t the offensive lines fault. 

E93F64C2-3079-437A-8475-070DDAB7007C.jpeg

Proving all scouting reports correct.  Mariota can not beat you from the pocket.  Expect a spy on him against Jax and the Dare Mari defense.

• 3 weeks later...