Jags Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a ton of RBs better than Lewis. Dawkins and McNichols are two of them. 

I tip my hat to you for going all the way down with the ship

Posted Images

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

its been stated a few times by the coaches that we are runnning more 2TE sets because of the injuries on the oline and the pressure of the fronts we are facing these first few weeks. the plan is to use more 3WR once lewan gets back. look at Kelly.. he pass blocked great according to PFF this week but he was getting a ton of help over there. 

Thats kind of stupid though because football is unpredictable. Lewan can come back and then Conklin or someone else on the line can get hurt now we right back to running these heavy sets. Cant assume everything is gonna fall in line and happen perfectly in an nfl season.

1 hour ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Thats kind of stupid though because football is unpredictable. Lewan can come back and then Conklin or someone else on the line can get hurt now we right back to running these heavy sets. Cant assume everything is gonna fall in line and happen perfectly in an nfl season.

I pretty much agree. We need to utilize the weapons more than over protect. 

It’s also been mentioned that one of the reasons humphries isn’t getting involved as a quick option is because of the number of times he’s chipping the DEs/ OLbs to help out Kelly.  

Edited by titanruss

10 hours ago, TitanTez said:

This is a big game for Marcus and Arthur, both could lose the locker room.

Marcus situation is self explanatory, Arthur giving a easy touchdown pass to an offensive lineman, when most of his receiving core is starving for food is borderline grounds for mutiny.

Art is no where close to mutiny. The playcalling wasn’t that bad yesterday. It looks to me like he’s hamstrung with a bad qb. Just take a look at the number of dump off passes (against 8 in the box) and lack of down the field calls. How many pa roll outs do we have to limit the field for our inept qb? If you haven’t noticed start watching that. 

Mariota is on a short leash. Art is not.

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I seriously said run him more

He really does need to run a lot more. More designed runs please. That's the aspect that adds value to him that we are hardly utilizing. 

Vrabel seemed really humbled during his last PC.  All of the talk about good to great, saying that they were doing better things, they are going to get the WRsmore opportunities- he ate his words.  The players are frustrated with the loss and their lack of involvement, and there comes a point where the white elephant in the room can't be ignored and coach talk just doesn't cut it.

Watching highlights really hammered home how much we shot our selves in the foot and gave the Colts game away.

Defense did well to keep us in the game, but then had two(?) major gaffes to let Brisset escape (how?!) that hurt us....not to mention the PI call was dumb. However, the real problem was the QB play. A lot of terrible sacks and poor decisions (spiked ball) cost us when we had good field position.

With that said, we STILL had a chance to win this at the end. For me the Colts game was always going to be tough given we’re very similar now (tough, disciplined, run the ball and play defense). Difference was they had more discipline in the end.

We have a pretty good team in my opinion. I think we beat the Jags, personally, but it largely depends on the QB play improving. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic