Winston vs. Mariota who would Kurt Warner choose?

EagleEye

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

LOL. You commented in another thread that people were coming around. They're obviously not, just making the same excuses. That's what I was pointing out.

You can move along now ...

Hey big, I’d love to read your takes on AJ Brown after the first game. How about Wake and can they make this small snap count work all season.  Or does Smith have the Midas touch with calling plays at the right time.  Love to read some of your other opinions.  You’ve done a great job of establishing yourself as an early anti-Mariota guy who made the leap after Oilerman. We commend you but now would like to see some other takes.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota was the correct pick at the time and he has done nothing but positive things for this franchise. He brought us out of the gutter and made us a team that can hang with anyone and won us a playo

At this point, what a terrible choice to be forced to make.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, japan said:

Hey big, I’d love to read your takes on AJ Brown after the first game. How about Wake and can they make this small snap count work all season.  Or does Smith have the Midas touch with calling plays at the right time.  Love to read some of your other opinions.  You’ve done a great job of establishing yourself as an early anti-Mariota guy who made the leap after Oilerman. We commend you but now would like to see some other takes.  

AJ Brown ... he looks great but it's one game and Cleveland was likely more concentrated on Walker, Davis and Humphries. They had no tape on Brown. Kudos to Smith for using him.

Wake already looks like a steal. Our defense has potential to be top five. Impressed from top to bottom. The resume Kevin Byard is building is something special if he keeps it up.

We'll find out this weekend if Cleveland's issues were offense related ... or it's just that our defense is so damn good.

I said it before but Delanie Walker is amazing. My favorite Titan right now. The guy has quietly put together one of the better tight end careers and looked as great as ever in Cleveland. We lose him we're screwed as a passing offense.

Derrick Henry is a couple of more great games from being considered a "star" running back. Which is insane from where he was last year. We tried to trade him. But it looks like the light is on and it's not coming off.

Overall, it looks to me that J-Rob has built one of the most talented rosters since our run with Kerry Collins. And we're well coached. We're capable of making a run to the playoffs regardless of how our passing game performs. 

And I'm not a Mariota hater. I just know what he is right now.

Edited by big2033

11 minutes ago, RasKass said:

Yea Ok lol ??. I never seen it as under cover racism until this off season when I seen fans wanting Ryan Tannehill to start over Mariota. That's pure garbage. Tannehill hasn't ever put up great numbers, he hasn't had 4th qtr comeback wins, he hasn't won pivotal games, he hasn't taken his team to the playoffs, He hasn't won a playoff game...The year they were in it Moore started. Dude got benched. He has injury issues....So what is it????? You tell me what it is. 

Tell Me why Titan fans would want Tannehill to start over Mariota?? Titan fans can be flakey...When Mcnair was QB I heard plenty of Titans fans saying Mcnair should switch to Running Back or DB, even when he was leading us to the playoffs. They were saying Billy Volek or whoever should be QB...Dont be mad because I see a pattern of under cover racism and call attention to it. 

This is total bullshit. Mariota threw for 20 TDs in two seasons and panics in the pocket and doesnt always throw it to the open WR and its cringe worthy to watch. Thats why I want to see what Tannehill can do because we've seen what what Mariota can do his 4 years here. And Tannehill blows Mariota out of the water with better numbers.

Mariota hasnt led us to shit, its been the defense and Henry. Blaming racism is the dumbest shit Ive ever seen being an excuse of why we want to see Tannehill. Youre out of touch with this. 

Edited by headhunter

13 minutes ago, RasKass said:

Yea Ok lol ??. I never seen it as under cover racism until this off season when I seen fans wanting Ryan Tannehill to start over Mariota. That's pure garbage. Tannehill hasn't ever put up great numbers, he hasn't had 4th qtr comeback wins, he hasn't won pivotal games, he hasn't taken his team to the playoffs, He hasn't won a playoff game...The year they were in it Moore started. Dude got benched. He has injury issues....So what is it????? You tell me what it is. 

Tell Me why Titan fans would want Tannehill to start over Mariota?? Titan fans can be flakey...When Mcnair was QB I heard plenty of Titans fans saying Mcnair should switch to Running Back or DB, even when he was leading us to the playoffs. They were saying Billy Volek or whoever should be QB...Dont be mad because I see a pattern of under cover racism and call attention to it. 

200.gif

I just made a post about the comeback wins...... you're wrong.

11 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I like Mariota much better as a person but I'd take Winston if I had to choose between them.  Winston has a bunch of turnovers, especially ints but he also throws the ball a lot.  He had over 1000 passing attempts in his first two years.  Maybe in an offense designed behind a running game he could have a better chance.  Tannehill might be a better option than either of them for the short term.  I really don't see Winston as a Vrabel/JRob kind of guy.  But anyone saying Mariota would be the clear choice is delusional.  However, with that said, Winston seems to have mental problems and in reality he should be the clear choice between them based on talent and potential alone.  That might be something he will never get figured out.  

so choosing Mariota makes one delusional...but Winston seems to have mental problems.

I don't think its delusional to go with the QB that doesn't have mental problems.

3 hours ago, RasKass said:

So now Hawaiians are on the list of oppressed.  Gotcha.  I’ve read some pretty ignorant shit on this board, but I think this one is near the top of the list.  Mariota’s criticism is based on race and not merit.  

Edited by C_Train

2 hours ago, RasKass said:

Lol yea Ok...People do root for black players on the team...But we all know the Quarterback position is viewed different. We all know there is an amount of insecurity when somebody else is in a leadership position. 

This board was very pro Mariota until pretty recently in his career. 

The anti Mariota guys like BK were laughed at.