Sign in to follow this  
abc2330

Is Walker a Receiving TE Now?

Walker was outsnapped by both Pruitt and Smith.  He also looks lighter than he did in previous years.  Is it possible that we are keeping him on a snap count and treating him almost strictly as a receiver now?  

It's also possible that Vrabel is keeping Walker and Wake on a snap count and limiting their practice time because of their age.

I wonder how much of this decision making wrt snap counts and even maintenance days are driven by data/analytics?  I've heard mention that the Titans our using it, does anyone know if there have been articles on the topic (haven't found any).  The approach they are taking seems smart and really different from previous coaching staffs.

5 hours ago, rns90 said:

And to be honest, this game was a blowout so there's no reason for him to be out there that much anyway.

There's other guys that need reps. Jonnu in particular with all the injury time missed.

Yep, other guys need reps and it is a long season so why over use guys like Walker and Wake if we don't need to.  Those guys will be critical down the stretch and in the playoffs.  

The reduced snap count is obviously one factor, but the snaps that he did play and his playing weight were what made me speculate that they may be using him strictly as a Receiving threat.