Sign in to follow this  
Number9

The Vrabel Era

14 hours ago, japan said:

Isn’t that how you usually win by 30 in the NFL?

Not if you’re the Patriots, look how they beat the Steelers on Sunday 

Yeah, I haven't heard many people using the "meathead" tag to describe Vrabel, lately. That hire was a bit of a head scratcher for me and I was concerned that JR was leaning too heavily on the Patriot way with his choice. I wasn't confident in him due to Vrabel's lack of head coaching experience but I've been impressed with him from day one. I like his aggressiveness and his businesslike demeanor. He's a hands on guy like BB. I also wasn't convinced about that being a good thing but the players obviously love him and play hard for him. 

17 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Sure, it's a game of chess. But coaching is not what led their DB to take a freaking horrible angle and take himself out of the play. It should have only been a 30-40 yard gain. 

And good coaching had nothing to do with any of Bakers 3 INTs. One was a superb play by Ryan. The other two were just terrible freaking throws. Those TOs, mostly mistakes by a 2nd year QB, is what blew that game open. Not the game plan. 

Not trying to take away from the win, but it was a nail biter for 3 quarters until Baker threw away the game on 3 straight drives. 

Samething happened when we got embarrassed by Pitt on Tbursday night two years ago. Great, tight game until Mariota turned it over 2 or 3 times late in that game. 

I think the horrible angle just came from the fact that Henry's speed is deceptive.  You can try to coach em up but that's something that is just hard to take from practice to the field until you see it in person.  If they see him again maybe next time they will take a better angle.

but I think the pics came from coaching...listen to the deep dive bit by Simms on the game.  He talks about what the titans D did to disrupt Baker and make him uncomfortable.  Talks about the Ryan pic.

brought up the fact that he thought Tenn. probably looked back at the Texans game where they picked Baker like 3 times and probably copied what they did to him.  Also said something along the lines that both our defenses come from the Patriots mold.  

It's coaching during the week and execution on Sundays..they go hand in hand IMO.  Great coaching increases you chances by a few percentage points...doesn't mean your gonna win but you play those odds and see what happens...Baker hung in there (I often do in vegas) but in the end he got beat down.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, TeamRamrod27 said:

Can’t wait until we choke against the Colts this weekend and people are immediately in the opposite camp lol

How about that?