Cosell on Victory Over Browns

Jonboy

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No...it's not be silly with every freaking thing.  There are plenty of routes where there is only one receiver in goal line formations.  It was a heavy package and the design of the play was to make t

Derrick Mason discusses this on 102.5 the game this morning.. he pointed out Mariota ‘s flaws including lack of a consistent platform, feeling pressure when it wasn’t there , and a lack of accuracy wh

Cossell wasn't saying the entire offense was one read but that doesn't matter.  He did specifically say they had to scheme around Mariota's limitations and he specifically said one of the ways they di

22 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

It sounds like you don’t understand what Cosell is saying. It’s ok!

Whatever.  I’m not going to get into an argument on this. Cosell was saying that those two td passes to Walker were quick hit, one read plays.  But he wasn’t saying the whole offense was one read. All you have to do is watch the game again to see that wasn’t the case. Now, was Mariota successful going through progressions and hitting the second or third option. I don’t think he was. 

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

This is mostly right but he does seem to say they should pay Mariota under certain conditions.

He said he believes in Mariota and they can win with him but isn't sure he's worth 30 million since he's injury prone.

He thinks it's winning and staying healthy that he needs to do. They should make the playoffs and go deep (AFC Championship). If he doesn't do that he does think they have to go somewhere else.

It's interesting that he says the franchise can't afford to draft another rookie though. He likes Joe Flacco (LOL). But he says not Flacco, just someone like him. [So... a washed up terrible vet? ELI MANNING! ??]

PK says he's not sold on Mariota.

NO says he wouldn't worry to much about footwork or mechanics.

NO says he'd work with Mariota on his pre-snap reads, getting through his progressions faster. If he speeds that up then the ball will come out faster. Then the ball would come out on time.

Too bad the rest of the podcast where they talk about RT is behind the paywall!

NOD is basically asking for Winston then.  Hell yeah.  

If the team is going to go the route NOD is talking about then it would clearly be Tannehill. He's already here and would know the offense. 

NOD suggested RT's agent and he already discussed the possibility of taking over as the starter in 2020 with the Titans, I'd like to think that would be with a rookie behind him that would be ready to start at some point in 2020

7 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Cosell reiterating what many of us also said is not digging on or hating on anyone.  It’s the reality.

If you want to have a reasonably productive passing offense with Mariota on the field, you have to maximize the one read, RPO, play action, and boots that condense the field for his progressions.  The coaching staff, as did the prior ones, know this.  So do opposing coordinators.

Strange how many games we’ve not done that and been productive. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

If the team is going to go the route NOD is talking about then it would clearly be Tannehill. He's already here and would know the offense. 

NOD suggested RT's agent and he already discussed the possibility of taking over as the starter in 2020 with the Titans, I'd like to think that would be with a rookie behind him that would be ready to start at some point in 2020

I would certainly hope they've discussed it.   Given the overall talent on the roster,  Tennessee would almost certainly be the most attractive QB destination in the league if the team chooses to part ways with Marcus.    Tannehill is already on the roster, which would give be a huge advantage that no other candidate could offer.

I'll guarantee you JRob and Vrabel have already discussed it as one of the potential scenarios for next year....and I'm sure they already have a plan in place if it comes to that, and for every other potential scenario as well.    IMO, the biggest unknown wildcards are what Mariota will do this year and what next year's QB class will look like.     (The QB class obviously looks pretty strong right now....but a lot can change over the next 6-8 months.)