Sign in to follow this  
JoelinBellevue

Power Rankings-Titans move up

They may be meaningless, but the top teams usually make the playoffs.  The Titans still have to show they can manufacture points before belonging in the top 10.  The defense is good, but they are not scoring points. They also bend, so the Titans have to be able to drive the field.  I am getting really close to wanting to believe this offense is ready to score what 23-24 per game. That number will get it done. 

It just drives me crazy that MM can’t consistently hit Henry, Lewis, Hump with accurate balls. Short game is all it takes. If he could take that step, the Titans would matchup well against any team in the league. He played better Sunday with the wind at his back, but if anybody remembers when we were the shit it had to be every play in the big games.  You can’t wait for fair weather, it’s guns a blazing.  

If if we win Sunday, then we become a team you have to play your A game to beat.  That’s when it really gets to be fun!

I just think it's amazing how people got all worked up over a ranking that has no bearing on whether they make the playoffs or not.  Same for Madden ratings on players. 

31 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Power rankings are among the dumbest things people get all worked up about.  Unlike college football, they are meaningless.

College rankings should be meaningless too because their four-team tournament is stupid. AND, the rankings are voted on. 

7 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Power rankings are among the dumbest things people get all worked up about.  Unlike college football, they are meaningless.

You're absolutely right, but it gives me and opportunity to talk more Football. & I've always been one who likes to hear people's opinions. 

Power Rankings don't mean a thing, however I like to see what people think I.e opinions...However alot of the time power rankings make no logical sense. Like I've seen about 2 that had Cowboys and Ravens ahead of the Titans. But had the Browns at 16. 

The kicker is the opponents of the Cowboys and Ravens are ranked 31&32...

So how on Earth do you rank a couple teams who you know played garbage opponents higher than The Titans who you obviously think played and beat a legit or more legit opponent (Browns) as they are ranked at 16 still. But like I said it's good early morning coffee pot discussion material.

Edited by RasKass