tgo

Is Art Smith More Mularkey or LaFleur?

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

His biggest mistake was not totally dumbing down the passing game to simple one read plays. 

😂 Exactly. 

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

His biggest mistake was not totally dumbing down the passing game to simple one read plays. 

I’d also add that MLF was hired to implement his offense/system.  It was not his fault that his key personnel was incapable of executing it proficiently.

4 hours ago, tgo said:

I don't know whether Matt LaFleur is a good OC or not, but I do know that he wasn't a good OC for this team all things considered. 

He was so bad he got hired as GB HC!

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

I’d also add that MLF was hired to implement his offense/system.  It was not his fault that his key personnel was incapable of executing it proficiently.

Eh... I don't agree with this. Just like Whiz, right?

6 hours ago, japan said:

He was so bad he got hired as GB HC!

He got hired in GB because everyone was looking for the next McVay, that system has proven to be successful and he came late enough in Mariota's career to not be blamed for the lack of production 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He got hired in GB because everyone was looking for the next McVay, that system has proven to be successful and he came late enough in Mariota's career to not be blamed for the lack of production 

And he got credit for stitching together an offense last year with all of the QB drama we dealt with. Teams want to see how you perform in the fire. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

And he got credit for stitching together an offense last year with all of the QB drama we dealt with. Teams want to see how you perform in the fire. 

The Titans had one of the worst offenses in the league last year

12 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Or it was too stupid to be executed.  As Art Smith said, some of these coaches don’t know how difficult things are to do on the field.  MLF has accomplished nothing and  is only living on the backs of the coaches he worked under.  He is a scrub!

It's not for debate.  They hired LaFleur to install and run the McVay/Shanahan offense.  They changed the terminology, playbook, and blocking schemes.  It failed miserably so they made obvious adjustments during the bye week and after that it was improved albeit not great. 

I'm also not going to judge game 1 on the road versus the Bears as the validation of MLF's ability.  Just the same, I'm not crowning Smith based on one game.

I'm not judging after one game either but the fact that Smith gets the game ball and MLF was told to STFU seems to speak volumes.

MLF was a big mistake as a hire especially since Smith was sitting right there but that shit happens sometimes.

11 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

MLF was the right choice because we were able to get our hands on the "golden" playbook.  

LOL I would like to think they could just break down tape

18 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Probably Kitchens' mistake in game 1 as well. 

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

Probably Kitchens' mistake in game 1 as well. 

Very possibly

12 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

LOL I would like to think they could just break down tape

Yeah but Smith got a year's worth of hands-on experience with the playbook prior to this year , and so did most of the players.  And he's got much more talent to work with.  I can't imagine an OC not struggling after what went on last year

Edited by abc2330