Sign in to follow this  
OILERMAN

Titans nickel defense + Derrick Henry

It’s simple. You know how you want that one last good fuck with your girl where you absolutely leave every last drop, uh....

That’s ILF and Marcus. Almost like a hate fuck. Yet not quite.

Edited by GLinks

45 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Lol. This is the joke. You two should probably just stop for a week. 

So their plan is not to be efficient in the passing game?  What I said is ABSOLUTELY their formula for success. 

25 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It really isn’t about Mariota. It’s about the fact the two of you have done nothing but talk shit about how there’s no chance in hell we can be a good team because of Mariota’s limitations. I’m not going to let you have it both ways. I’ve said all along we are a dangerous team, and your groupthink shit on any notion strictly because of Mariota. Now you guys want to turn it around and play both sides.

Nope. Stick with your original thesis. Mariota will be benched for Tannehill because it’s obvious our team is losing games because he’s terrible. 

Outside of a handful of bad teams, the league is full of teams in the 7 - 10 win range.  Are the Titans a SB contending team because they beat the Browns in week 1?  That's laughable at this point.  Until Mariota proves he can play consistently well and pass from the pocket, this team is going to have a limited ceiling.  We even saw this on Sunday before his last 3 passes (all TD's and schemed plays). 

You know it.  I know it.  Robinson, Vrabel, and Smith know it.  There's a reason MM is on the 5th year option with no talks underway.  Look at how they construct the passing game with play action and easy reads.  

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

So their plan is not to be efficient in the passing game?  What I said is ABSOLUTELY their formula for success. 

Outside of a handful of bad teams, the league is full of teams in the 7 - 10 win range.  Are the Titans a SB contending team because they beat the Browns in week 1?  That's laughable at this point.  Until Mariota proves he can play consistently well and pass from the pocket, this team is going to have a limited ceiling.  We even saw this on Sunday before his last 3 passes (all TD's and schemed plays). 

You know it.  I know it.  Robinson, Vrabel, and Smith know it.  There's a reason MM is on the 5th year option with no talks underway.  Look at how they construct the passing game with play action and easy reads.  

Relax, he wants MM gone!

21 minutes ago, GLinks said:

It’s simple. You know how you want that one last good fuck with your girl where you absolutely leave every last drop, uh....

This is so true re: Jrob.

48 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Relax, he wants MM gone!

Obviously. Who doesn’t? He’s an oft injured and inconsistent QB. The difference between us is I didn’t give up on the season before it started while screaming we should bench him and that we were doomed if we didn’t. I’m not sure why you and your sidekick Bud can’t understand the difference. 

40 minutes ago, japan said:

Stop injecting Mariota into this good thread.

I know right, hikacking the thread

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

TW, back to the original post

Hooker played 28 snaps, he's def a big part of the defense

I was wondering about that. Interesting. Getting some good snaps from the short draft class. 

2 minutes ago, japan said:

I was wondering about that. Interesting. Getting some good snaps from the short draft class. 

We'll start seeing the all-22s coming out any day now but I believe Hooker played FS and Byard played up closer and covered the TE in the nickel 

It wasn't a very big play, but in the first series on a sweep Evans blasted a guy out of bounds and lost his helmet. Kind of set the tone for the game. You think you are going to push us around?

Landry was pretty impactful just looking back at the highlights.  It seemed like he got pressures consistently.

Anyone know the snap counts on Isiah Mack?  I think he came in the 2nd or 3rd series on defense.  I'm pretty sure he has leapfrogged Austin Johnson in the rotation.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

We'll start seeing the all-22s coming out any day now but I believe Hooker played FS and Byard played up closer and covered the TE in the nickel 

Byard was covering their TE on that TD but thats hard to judge because they were all closer to the line since it was redzone. 

i also believe its easier to cover deep zone than it is to cover TEs 1 on 1. so the vet does the harder job to avoid creating a bigger mismatch.