Titans nickel defense + Derrick Henry

OILERMAN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One aspect of the current team and how Robinson built it is how they are built to close out a game and protect a lead.    I believe that when the Titans can play their nickel defense against

Like that, I'd imagine.

The defense is definitely shaping up to be a fearsome,  potentially dominant unit.    They just went on the road against the league's most hyped, star-studded offense and held them to a meager 13 poin

This is exactly how they are built to play.  The're going to run into problems when going up against these really good offenses.  If they go down a couple of scores, they just aren't built to come back.  I still think they are better than a lot of people gave them credit for and have a great shot at taking the division this year.  

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The're going to run into problems when going up against these really good offenses.  If they go down a couple of scores, they just aren't built to come back. 

The problem is their defense is undersized(susceptible to the run) and their passing game is bad when forced to pass. If the Titans are not playing with a lead they are a completely different team. 

24 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

One aspect of the current team and how Robinson built it is how they are built to close out a game and protect a lead. 

I believe that when the Titans can play their nickel defense against teams that are forced to pass they are one of the best defenses in the NFL. Wake and Landry provide excellent outside pass rush and Casey is an excellent interior rusher. 

Behind the pass rush the Titans have excellent coverage people in their nickel, especially in the middle of the field with the LBs, nickelback and safeties. 

It won't be as good every week because the Browns OL was in disarray but the Titans got 3 INTs on 3 consecutive drives and the rush was all over Mayfield. 

Then add in what they can do with grinding out the clock with Henry in the 4th quarter. Henry has been good at this since being drafted. Against the Browns he had 7 carries for 33 yards and also was a big factor in the two TD passes late, the Browns were selling out to stop Henry. MM also got a 13 yarder and can add to the ground game. 

It's the ultimate in terms of complimentary football. 

Much like the Patriots you hear the Titans are very well conditioned under Vrabel. I heard Walker mention it yesterday. 

If the Titans can get a lead going in to the 4th quarter they are potentially the best team in the NFL in terms of closing out a game with this formula. 

Two things you don't want to do in the 4th quarter, block Casey and Wake and try and tackle Derrick Henry. 

It’s really tough to take this seriously with your continued shitting on Mariota. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You can do better than that. You’ve been saying for a long time that the only thing that matters is the QB. We aren’t the Ravens or Bucs team. Get the narrative together. 

You're on the Mariota needs to be replaced bandwagon, are you not? At least you were