Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Bucs Waive Benenoch; Waiver Claim Incoming?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them at least put a claim in. He can play tackle and also started 16 games at guard last year. He’s about the caliber player of Pamphile. 

The issue is that Stinnie has to stay on the active roster another 3 games after being signed off the PS, so you’d have to waive Quessenberry or Dawkins probably. 

Pamphile can play swing tackle and also center, so if he’s healthy you can start Douglas at RG and have Pamphile and Stinnie up and then sit Benonoch for a few weeks to learn the offense. He’s a better tackle than Quessenberry and a better guard than Stinnie. 

Could have him, Pamphile, Douglas all compete for that RG spot along with Davis next year and have a super versatile and large OL group. 

Edited by tgo

Rapoport has his timeline off some though, Robinson scouted and helped set the board for Tampa when he was drafted there but did not draft him. He was Titans GM when Benonoch was drafted in April. 

Another point: I think the “4 game on the active roster practice squad rule” only applies when you sign a player off another team’s practice squad. 

So Stinnie could be waived, Pamphile could start at G, Quessenberry as the swing tackle and Douglas at the iOL spot and then Davis and Benonoch could be inactive. 

Edited by tgo

Unless I'm mistaken, this transaction did not hit the waiver wire until today's waiver period - it is not on yesterday's official NFL transaction report. So any claim on him wouldn't happen until tomorrow afternoon I believe. 

Could easily waive Stinnie at this point and claim Benenoch and stash Stinnie back on the PS. Either one of them would be inactive anyway now that Grasu has been claimed. 

Most likely though - he'll get picked up by a team higher than us on the waiver wire. 

Edited by tgo

On 9/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, tgo said:

Another point: I think the “4 game on the active roster practice squad rule” only applies when you sign a player off another team’s practice squad. 

So Stinnie could be waived, Pamphile could start at G, Quessenberry as the swing tackle and Douglas at the iOL spot and then Davis and Benonoch could be inactive. 

I think Douglas is the starter. He was impressive on Sunday. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think Douglas is the starter. He was impressive on Sunday. 

Yeah Douglas is definitely starting. Pamphile isn’t even practicing and has a surgical procedure of some sort. Probably lost the chance at a starting job if Douglas continues playing well.