Derrick. Henry.

pat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a game.  We need to talk about this guy more.   He opens things up for Mariota, and closes the game out.  It's awesome to eat clock with a home run threat.   Yes it's a passin

When he was running down field on the screen he looked like he was jogging. And still leaving people in his wake. Guy is a freak.

Because Lewis sucks ass. Henry is the much better player.

32 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don’t know if I can agree with this statement. 

They did a study on it. 

Play action works even on obvious passing downs where running the ball would end the game. 

Its to your advantage to have a run-fake every play

mostly because LBs have to let quickly. 

Not sure if it’s more or less effective depending on the quality of your run game... but the fakes work better than no fakes apparently. 

49 minutes ago, titanruss said:

They did a study on it. 

Play action works even on obvious passing downs where running the ball would end the game. 

Its to your advantage to have a run-fake every play

mostly because LBs have to let quickly. 

Not sure if it’s more or less effective depending on the quality of your run game... but the fakes work better than no fakes apparently. 

I think it works best when your RB is a load that one guy has trouble bringing down.  That's why DCs try to get Henry stopped at or behind the LOS.  Henry causes 190lb CBs and FS to make financial decisions once he's 2-3 strides beyond the LOS.

So they commit LBers and SSs to stopping him.  Early.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Doesnt matter. The data doesnt lie. Success running the ball is irrelevant to play action. Ots one of the big misconceptions in football.

Would be curious about the splits for good vs bad QBs on that stat.  Because I don't think Mariota can take advantage of play action with Lewis.  He needs a real threat to get wide enough windows to hit.

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

Would be curious about the splits for good vs bad QBs on that stat.  Because I don't think Mariota can take advantage of play action with Lewis.  He needs a real threat to get wide enough windows to hit.

No you don't. Look it up. Lbs are trained to key off the RB, doesn't matter who it is.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

No you don't. Look it up. Lbs are trained to key off the RB, doesn't matter who it is.

Downtown looked it up, 43 yards to 296 yards.

I saw that stat before but it's not showing up on the field for the Titans.  We need Derrick Henry.