TitansGuru

New Design is Up

The tag in the upper left of my screen (the link to get to the parent forum) is black against a dark blue background. Can we change that to something with more contrast? Android 10, chrome.

Mo6p4Nu.png

Edited by Supdawg

1 hour ago, Supdawg said:

The tag in the upper left of my screen (the link to get to the parent forum) is black against a dark blue background. Can we change that to something with more contrast? Android 10, chrome.

Mo6p4Nu.png

30 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Its hard to tell what Ive already clicked on because the text of the title of the thread still appears to be dark. 

I’ll take care of both today. 

Some screen captures from my browser.

In the first one the logo is overlapping the text. Idk if it's an issue with the forum software or my browser (Chrome). Also, there seems to be an excess amount of space with the dark blue that surrounds the logo/Titansreport text and not enough white space between the navy block and the sub-forum header "Titans and NFL Talk"

ej8mDfI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Same sort of thing with this version:

MNThZOI.jpg

In the desktop version of the 4.4 Beta theme the text logo is a little lower in the layout than it should be.

GpvpL1m.jpg

Hope some of that helps.

First two are unsupported themes I was working on but are not the default theme. The last one I have no clue what’s happening. Can you right click, hit inspect, and then right click on refresh to do a reset cache and hard reload. 

22 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

First two are unsupported themes I was working on but are not the default theme. The last one I have no clue what’s happening. Can you right click, hit inspect, and then right click on refresh to do a reset cache and hard reload. 

Did you intend for that to be part of the drop down menu? Seems like it's forcing the logo to align with the other <li> navbar items Forum, Podcast, & Feeds.

Maybe that's it?

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Did you intend for that to be part of the drop down menu? Seems like it's forcing the logo to align with the other <li> navbar items Forum, Podcast, & Feeds.

Maybe that's it?

But there is a logo on there that was never a part of the theme so that's not the issue I was referencing.

21 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

Hey all, I just pushed out the new design.  To be honest, I pushed out sooner than I was going to because after I upgraded the board the whole design, which was built on a previous version, started to cause some errors. 

So, if you come across anything weird or some text that isn’t very readable due to the colors or whatever please let me know so I can fix it.

Love the new design/color scheme.  Only issue I found is when you are reading a thread, the link that takes you to the main forum (e.g. Titans and NFL Talk) is no longer on the top left.  Its there on mobile, but I don't see it from my laptop.

4 hours ago, Supdawg said:

Mo6p4Nu.png

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Its hard to tell what Ive already clicked on because the text of the title of the thread still appears to be dark. 

16 hours ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

Hoping to see unread/replied threads in bold and the ones already read in plain font.

Hope it's possible.

19 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

One critique. The black banner for the content (Titans and NFL talk) kind of gets lost in a dark blue background. Maybe light blue for the banner? 

18 hours ago, 8MM said:

I don't know if it's just me but the read/unread threads is too close to differentiate.  Can the unread threads be darker?

20 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Might just be me but the unread topics seem harder to distinguish from the read ones with the new update. Can we increase the font weight even more or something?

Done.

20 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Guru, the search bar seems hidden even with the contrasting corners. Have you thought about getting rid of the corners, making the text navy, and making the BG of the search bar the light blue from the logo, page numbers, and the reply button? 

I'll play with this a bit for you. I don't want a big, ugly search bar but you're right that it could be more noticeable.

17 hours ago, Rogue said:

Whenever I go to a thread, whether it be by the notification, or the first unread post of a thread, or clicking on a read thread (this one for instance), I have to scroll up a little to see all of the post.  The top line or two is above the viewable area of my browser.  

Edit:  Does this on my PC, not my tablet.  

Thank you. I can fix this. I did it on a previous version so I know i can address it.

18 hours ago, Rogue said:

Whenever I go to a thread, whether it be by the notification, or the first unread post of a thread, or clicking on a read thread (this one for instance), I have to scroll up a little to see all of the post.  The top line or two is above the viewable area of my browser.  

Edit:  Does this on my PC, not my tablet.  

Done.