oldschool

Rewatched the game (OFF only) this morning

25 minutes ago, japan said:

Vrabel would have to tell us. 

He does tell us.

Just like on Monday when he said Marcus put them in some "good situations."

Coaches and teams track the success of the playcalls from audibles every game.  QBs that consistently misread defensive formations and either don't audible or make the wrong audible are bigger liabilities than anyone realizes.

Just because it's something they have no way of knowing from the outside.

3 minutes ago, RasKass said:

I told everybody Dennis Kelly was better than what people knew, and our offensive line would hold up well. He could be starting for alot of different teams. & our offense started slow, but the Browns actually have a pretty talented defense. 

Um no. Kelly is a liability at LT. Hes a much better RT but he's still a backup.

28 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Um no. Kelly is a liability at LT. Hes a much better RT but he's still a backup.

He's dewdew at LT.  A good RT but I believe that we are all happy to see Conkin back 

On 9/9/2019 at 3:17 PM, Number9 said:

There are posters and dreamers who will never understand this.  We will get beat by a well coached team and they will blame the line/receivers.  

JRob has surrounded our #1 pick beautifully. We have the talent to contend, but we got a dud at QB.  

He is getting extended for 100 million 

bank it

2 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

MM was supposed to be good at reading plays at the line. Mularky liked to give him 3 plays I think and ML didn’t give any?  Wonder if some of the great play calls are presnap adjustments. Does anyone know? 

I thought it was 2 plays. A run and a pass.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, oldschool said:

I rewatched the offense this morning and took notes. Here are things that stood out to me.

<Snip>

Mariota - Saved the worst for last. I may have been a little harsh yesterday but that being said, he wasn't good at all. His 1st quarter was better than I initially thought in that he didn't blow any throws or bail from the pocket early. He had the big pass to Brown over the middle however a better throw results in a TD. The pressure was from the side not the front. He had room to step up and deliver a strike. Instead he throws off his back foot which leads to the throw not having the required velocity to hit Brown in stride.

LOL,...

Cosell called that pass to Brown "an excellent throw."

No mention of the fact that he threw it off his back foot, even though he did, and Brown gets 17 YAC despite your BS assessment.

10 hours ago, RasKass said:

I told everybody Dennis Kelly was better than what people knew, and our offensive line would hold up well. He could be starting for alot of different teams. & our offense started slow, but the Browns actually have a pretty talented defense. 

Kelly was awful

16 hours ago, oldschool said:

I thought Kelly looked like shit out there. When he got help, he was OK, but he was bad on most plays. There were exceptions, of course, but what separates a good OL from a bad one is consistency. Every OT will make some plays. It's how many they miss that makes the difference, and Kelly misses way too often. Granted, he was going up against a great pass rusher. Even so, Kelly was obviously the weak link out there. Really looking forward to getting Lewan back. If we can win 2-3 games with Kelly, I'll be VERY  happy.