Jonboy

Browns Recap Thread

7 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

No. It was a legal block. They even reviewed it.

yeah, but they cant reverse it even if they saw it in the replay right?

29 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

How does Smith grade out .6 points below Henry? He had one play for 10 yards. Henry had 84 rushing with a TD, and 75 receiving with a TD.

I'm assuming they're watching things we don't see.

From the little bit that I've heard today it seems to be a lot of dogging the Browns for not being prepared, and not a whole lot of love for the Titans maybe possibly actually being a somewhat decent football team. 

4 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

From the little bit that I've heard today it seems to be a lot of dogging the Browns for not being prepared, and not a whole lot of love for the Titans maybe possibly actually being a somewhat decent football team. 

there was a little bit, but it was about 80% "Browns didnt do this, they did that" type stuff.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

correlation is not causation. Maybe those teams were heavy play action because they were up the entire game?

I was going to post the same thing, playaction works even better when playing with a lead

The Ravens Cowboys and Chiefs are all kind of on the front lines of NFL offense now too. The whole we need to use PA A LOT thing is popular with people who aren't afraid of abandoning orthodoxy.

8 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Age and treachery always trump youth and exuberance. 

on a limited snap count at least.. 

8 hours ago, scine09 said:

I wasn't referring to him.  I was referring to the guy to his right with the huge tattoo.  He looks like a classic Trump supporter.

lets be honest here. almost every very obese white guy looks like a trump supporter

2 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

yeah, but they cant reverse it even if they saw it in the replay right?

That’s actually a really good question. I’m guessing yes. I mean they reviewed an obvious TD, so I’m guessing on scoring plays penalties can be enforced, which is really not good for the sport in my opinion.

The rule should be penalties, or non-penalties, can be challenged on any play, but not reviewed. The challenges would extend into the two minute period where all plays are reviewed. You get 3 challenges if you hit the first two, same as it is now. The idea they’re going to review TDs for penalties is crazy. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s actually a really good question. I’m guessing yes. I mean they reviewed an obvious TD, so I’m guessing on scoring plays penalties can be enforced, which is really not good for the sport in my opinion.

The rule should be penalties, or non-penalties, can be challenged on any play, but not reviewed. The challenges would extend into the two minute period where all plays are reviewed. You get 3 challenges if you hit the first two, same as it is now. The idea they’re going to review TDs for penalties is crazy. 

I said it in the game thread. Pandora's box has been opened.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They always review scoring plays. Don’t think they can overturn a score on a missed hold.