Jonboy

Browns Recap Thread

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

After rewatching the game, I see why we spent such a high pick on Davis. He's one of the best downfield blockers in the game!

Any big TD play by Henry, Davis is 50+ yards downfield blocking. 

His willingness and success as a blocker has been tremendous, even on the line of scrimmage. I remember the block he lined up and absolutely crushed a defensive end before taking off. Can’t remember the exact game, though. 

10 hours ago, GLinks said:

His willingness and success as a blocker has been tremendous, even on the line of scrimmage. I remember the block he lined up and absolutely crushed a defensive end before taking off. Can’t remember the exact game, though. 

Arizona in 17 against Chandler Jones.  And he caught the ball after that

I thought that was the case but didn’t want to turn what happened into a tall tale. Thanks for posting “the rest of the story”

On 9/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, TeamRamrod27 said:

This tweet is highlighting Saffold but the block Douglas made is very impressive. That a loooong reach block. 

You can see why Saffold was signed.  Not for his pass protection.

Saffold was the 16th ranked OG and was almost identical in his pass protection and run blocking ratings.

Ben Jones was solid, ranked #13 overall.  Was outstanding in pass protection.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, TeamRamrod27 said:

This tweet is highlighting Saffold but the block Douglas made is very impressive. That a loooong reach block. 

Kelly and Jones also had nice blocks on that play.  Douglas was the 47th ranked OG but considering he is 3rd string he was reasonable.  Spain didn't have a good outing for Buffalo.