Watched the Colts game this morning. Brissett looked OK, decent accuracy and he puts good zip on his balls. He had all day in the pocket. They don't trust him at all though, everything is schemed short and mostly half field reads. He threw 2 nice back shoulders and that was pretty much it as far as pushing it down the field. I believe their game plan might be similar to ours. They won't want to go behind early, Mack really carried them this game.

I thought their secondary looked weak enough so hopefully some opportunities there. Vinatieri is done. All in all, the Titans have to win this game if they want to be taken seriously as a division contender

18 hours ago, oldschool said:

Anyone who thought the Browns were the toughest team in the 4 game stretch to open the season should be laughed at. Don't sleep on Atlanta. They will rebound. Honestly I don't care about anything other than week 2 right now. They have chance to beat a team that has owned them. I expect a good game. 

I know they had injuries, but the Falcons were bad last year. They just lost their 1st round OL, and the OL was dreadful. They really looked terrible against the vikings. Cousins threw like 2 passes in the 2nd half because they were beating them so bad and couldn't stop the run. It'll be interesting to see if this is just who they are now

Edited by IrishTitansFan

I think the Titans game plan should attack with the pass and Mariota running.  Get the Colts into having more on the plate than Henry.  The Chargers had a lot of success running on then, a big part of it was them going after Rivers.  The Colts are built to go after teams trying to keep up, small and fast.  I think our line will match up with them and allow us to play our game.  After we get some tongues lagging chasing pass plays and some sweeps, Henry's production will pick up.

Our receivers are a serious strength.  They won't get a lot of huge days or national respect, but for this team I don't think we could do any better.  They can all catch, very important for the Titans.

The Colts offense is not going to be easy to stop.  They have a RB and Luck's backup isn't shabby.  He's experienced and has a good play caller.  The can run the ball, especially to the right.  That's going to mean their play passes will be more lethal.  We just have to stay with their receivers and get stingy when the field shortens.  I look for them to run behind the left side in short yardage.  I don't know if we match well to that or not.  We have young players on the edges and I do not know how they plan to use Wake.  That's why we pay Pees the big bucks.  He was the quiet hero of game one.

44 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

This game will be a lot tougher. The Colts won’t beat themselves like the Browns did. 

Apparently we were only 2/10 on third down against the Browns. That’s gotta improve. 

Two of our TDs came on short fields (took over on the 34 and 35) and another on the long screen.

We’ll need a much better offensive performance to win this game because those things won’t happen consistently. 

Sunday is going to be a good football game.  The Titans need to win.  The Colts don't have to win because they kinda drew a stink schedule with two games on the road too start, but it's a divisional game.  They gave the Chargers more than anybody expected.  They will be amped to show they are for real Sunday.  Vrabel?  "Bring it on buddy."

I think we can and will win this game. The players have bought in to Vrabel and they obviously love their respective OC and DCs. We have better talent that we've had in years. The road to the playoffs starts Sunday. 

This is a huge game for the Titans.  They know the history with the Colts and also with not being consistent - i.e. win a big game and then flop the next week.  Vrabel will have them ready.  Indy is a good team too and the teams without Luck in the fold are pretty similar.  This could be an ugly smash mouth 16-13 type of game.  Red Zone, turnover margin, 3rd down will be key.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Justafan said:

The Titans have their big ceremony before the game and they're playing at home where they've been a tough out the last few years.  I think Vrabel has them focused and Pees and Smith are doing their homework.  

Mack is the key in this game imo.  He hung 174 on the chargers and is a real challenge.  The Titans need to fill running lanes and make Brissett drive the field.  Double TY Hilton, stop the run, force them to make long drives.  The Colt's offense is not good enough to no make mistakes.

On offense, you're facing an opportunistic defense that was ranked around top 10 last year.  Conservative playcalling and focus on mistake free football.  I think the Titans have the blueprint, they just have to execute.  

I think we have a better run D than the Chargers. Chargers are a bit soft up the middle. NE exposed that in the divisional game last year. I agree that we have to force them into long drives. Avoid big chunk plays.

I do worry about the pass rush. The Chargers really weren't able to get much pressure on Brissett. I have doubts we'll do any better there. Our DB are going to have to play well.