Colts Week

Divine

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now I'm flying high and expecting the Titans to dominate...   So I'm sure it will be a grind-it-out game with Vinatieri finding his leg again and kicking a FG to beat us.   

My hard on for a win this week is pure granite. I don't just want to win, I want to see the Colts dick slapped all the way back to 1997.

I don't buy the trap game stuff. It's a division game against a playoff team the Titans haven't had much success against the past 5 years. If the team looks past the Colts they have big problems.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

This game will be a lot tougher. The Colts won’t beat themselves like the Browns did. 

Apparently we were only 2/10 on third down against the Browns. That’s gotta improve. 

Two of our TDs came on short fields (took over on the 34 and 35) and another on the long screen.

We’ll need a much better offensive performance to win this game because those things won’t happen consistently. 

Sunday is going to be a good football game.  The Titans need to win.  The Colts don't have to win because they kinda drew a stink schedule with two games on the road too start, but it's a divisional game.  They gave the Chargers more than anybody expected.  They will be amped to show they are for real Sunday.  Vrabel?  "Bring it on buddy."

This is a huge game for the Titans.  They know the history with the Colts and also with not being consistent - i.e. win a big game and then flop the next week.  Vrabel will have them ready.  Indy is a good team too and the teams without Luck in the fold are pretty similar.  This could be an ugly smash mouth 16-13 type of game.  Red Zone, turnover margin, 3rd down will be key.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Justafan said:

The Titans have their big ceremony before the game and they're playing at home where they've been a tough out the last few years.  I think Vrabel has them focused and Pees and Smith are doing their homework.  

Mack is the key in this game imo.  He hung 174 on the chargers and is a real challenge.  The Titans need to fill running lanes and make Brissett drive the field.  Double TY Hilton, stop the run, force them to make long drives.  The Colt's offense is not good enough to no make mistakes.

On offense, you're facing an opportunistic defense that was ranked around top 10 last year.  Conservative playcalling and focus on mistake free football.  I think the Titans have the blueprint, they just have to execute.  

I think we have a better run D than the Chargers. Chargers are a bit soft up the middle. NE exposed that in the divisional game last year. I agree that we have to force them into long drives. Avoid big chunk plays.

I do worry about the pass rush. The Chargers really weren't able to get much pressure on Brissett. I have doubts we'll do any better there. Our DB are going to have to play well.

18 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

the personal foul on garrett to give us a 1st down early was bad...would have been 3rd and short otherwise so didn't exactly bail us out.

and the offsides down by the endzone are the only two fouls that really helped us...that one was a killer for the browns.  It was a big 3rd and 4 in the redzone.

Humphries had the catch for the first down but was interfered with and then called holding for some reason and actually cost us 5 yards.

the other personal foul and holding on the same play would have been a completion to Davis inside the 10...he was held but the Mariota's throw was placed perfectly at the 7 yard line.  Ended up with the ball at the 17 yard line which cost us 10 yards.

not sure what the 5th foul was giving us a 1st.

really was a nice drive by the Titans

The hard count drew them off. 

Edited by titanruss

• Jonboy unpinned this topic