code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

I think you try and go the Mahomes/Alex Smith route. Tag Mariota after this season or offer him a big 1 year deal just under the tag. Then trade up for and draft a guy like Herbert or Fromm and hope they are studs. 

Either way it’s looking like Mariota is our best shot at a Super Bowl or deep playoff run in the next 2-3 years. 

One thing thats underated about about Mariota is he consistently picks up 3rd downs with his legs late in games. That’s something that doesn’t show up on his QBR but gives him a bit of an edge over guys like Winston, Dalton, Flacco, etc.

12 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

This is the first year he has a relatively good receiving core to work with. In his first game he put up numbers. Why can't you just see how the season plays out before complaining and making grand statements about how it's impossible for him to succeed or "put up numbers"? Or do you just constantly want to live in a world where every human must know that Mariota is just a bad QB and he needs to improve. Like yes, we get it. You constantly drive this narrative each day for hours on this forum like it's your responsibility from god to make sure not one person thinks that Mariota is a good QB.  

I really hope you're retired and just bored man. Because this is kind of sad. At least Oman is off this forum for a good 7-8 hours working before he comes back and drives his narratives. 

Nothing is impossible. Just not probable.

I want to live in a world where people acknowledge his problems are his own and hope he doesn't better from what he's shown the last four years.

I don't know how long you've been a Titans fan. But there's a systemic issue of Tennessee fans having their head up the starting QB's ass until he's kicked from the roster. And they will throw lineman, receivers and coaches under the bus to praise him. 

One over many. It makes no sense.

How about you stop bashing the abundance of other players on this roster for a QB that the team didn't deem good enough extend. It's odd how you call me out of talking bad about Mariota, but NEVER check yourself talking about but a lot more players than one single starter.

So where is your head at? 

Stop blaming everyone but him. And you won't hear from me. It's a bias that not supporting Mariota versus other players is somehow not supporting the Titans.

Meanwhile you can bash the line, receivers and coaches all day. How does that make sense? For a guy who took two years to throw 24 passing TDs.

PS: I write for a living from an office ...lol I can do this all day. It doesn't take me long as you can see.

Edited by big2033

Lets give it more than 1 game to decide on Mariota. This is his make it or break it year. The team looked really good and Mariota didn't get hurt. Theres some positives and lets see what happens over the next few games.

4 hours ago, big2033 said:

Nothing is impossible. Just not probable.

I want to live in a world where people acknowledge his problems are his own and hope he doesn't better from what he's shown the last four years.

I don't know how long you've been a Titans fan. But there's a systemic issue of Tennessee fans having their head up the starting QB's ass until he's kicked from the roster. And they will throw lineman, receivers and coaches under the bus to praise him. 

One over many. It makes no sense.

How about you stop bashing the abundance of other players on this roster for a QB that the team didn't deem good enough extend. It's odd how you call me out of talking bad about Mariota, but NEVER check yourself talking about but a lot more players than one single starter.

So where is your head at? 

Stop blaming everyone but him. And you won't hear from me. It's a bias that not supporting Mariota versus other players is somehow not supporting the Titans.

Meanwhile you can bash the line, receivers and coaches all day. How does that make sense? For a guy who took two years to throw 24 passing TDs.

PS: I write for a living from an office ...lol I can do this all day. It doesn't take me long as you can see.

He was injured and his receivers dropped some sure ass tds in those 2 years if you forgotten. Not to mention, remind me again how many OCs and head coaches he has gone through in those 5 years. I don't remember ANY qb in history with good numbers that have had 4 different OCs in 5 years......

6 hours ago, big2033 said:

LOL I didn't even read the shit you wrote.

yeah ... you read it.  you read everything i write and its hilarious. 

6 hours ago, Thrill said:

Either way it’s looking like Mariota is our best shot at a Super Bowl or deep playoff run in the next 2-3 years. 

This is completely backwards, he's the biggest reason they won't contend with him as starter

39 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is completely backwards, he's the biggest reason they won't contend with him as starter

riiiight....

2 hours ago, SamoanTitan78 said:

He was injured and his receivers dropped some sure ass tds in those 2 years if you forgotten. Not to mention, remind me again how many OCs and head coaches he has gone through in those 5 years. I don't remember ANY qb in history with good numbers that have had 4 different OCs in 5 years......

1. Drops happen. You see how many Watson had last night with Watkins. You keep throwing well regardless.

2. Find me a bad or marginal QB, you'll find a QB with a lot of OCs. If you look it up you're going to see a mysterious pattern there.

3. All these "horrible" OCs are using Mariota in the exact same way. Odd isn't it?

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

yeah ... you read it.  you read everything i write and its hilarious. 

Waiting.

11 minutes ago, big2033 said:

3. All these "horrible" OCs are using Mariota in the exact same way. 

Well I'd argue as MM has went deeper into his career the OCs are even more inclined to run and avoid any attempt at dropping back. It's one game and there were other factors but Smith was actually even more conservative on 1st down than Mularkey or LaFleur. 

So not exactly the same!!!!

Living around Dallas I think a better comparison to MM is Aikman for passing. Aikman was an above average QB, not great, but had a great supporting cast after his 3rd year and he guided the team to multiple SB wins. Plus a great D. 

Aikman plus Norv Turner made a great team. Hopefully Mariota plus Arthur Smith will be the same.