code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

We should also draft the perfect WR, perfect pass rusher and sign the perfect free agents. The chances of it always happening are not always great. But we should try anyway shouldn't we?

It's called scouting. 

You don't just settle at positions where you're lacking.

I missed the guys name.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

I missed the guys name.

I'm not a scout. I'll go with who our team/GM believes is an upgrade.

You want fanboys coming up with definitive cheat sheets go elsewhere.

The position does need an upgrade though. We can agree there. Unless of course Mariota has a big turnaround this year.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You think the Chiefs aren't happy with their change?

If your QB is performing below Alex Smith levels ... and continues to do that this season, you're wasting your time holding on.

Ask the Dolphins when they held on to Ryan Tannehill.

It's OK to admit our QB is not up to par, regardless if we can replace him or not.

Patrick Mahomes don’t grow on trees. Smith was a plus-10 year veteran at the time. Literally, the rarest of situations.

And I chuckle to think any of us are good enough to pick the next Mahomes out of a draft without a sign showing details of their future with our team hanging over their head.

You want fanboys coming up with definitive cheat sheets go elsewhere.

You seem to be a pretty good scout on MM.  Why not college?

5 minutes ago, ctm said:

You seem to be a pretty good scout on MM.  Why not college?

I'm not lol.

Most of my views go by the law of averages. His returns are well below his peers who play at a high level.

He's in his fourth year.

Actual experts are down on him overall.

And we didn't sign him longterm when QBs drafted two years after him already have deals.

I have opinions, but I don't touch those opinions without a shit-ton of info and experts to solidify it.

Facts are facts. His arrow is pointing down and you don't need my opinion to know that.

From there, yeah I can see how much better those statistically better QBs look on the field.

When it comes to scouting out of college ... who knows. Too many variables I don't know about.

PS: I wanted us to draft Mariota based on his scouting and would draft him again.

Edited by big2033

11 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You think the Chiefs aren't happy with their change?

If your QB is performing below Alex Smith levels ... and continues to do that this season, you're wasting your time holding on.

Ask the Dolphins when they held on to Ryan Tannehill.

It's OK to admit our QB is not up to par, regardless if we can replace him or not.

The Alex Smith argument is such a tired one. Alex Smith did not “Alex Smith” as it has been defined by media and fans until year 8. Year 8!

Mariota has done far more for us than Smith ever did for anyone in half the time before Smith became an “anybody.”

Ok?

I'm not lol.

Most of my views go by the law of averages. His returns are well below his peers who play at a high level.

He's in his fourth year.

Actual experts are down on him overall.

And we didn't sign him longterm when QBs drafted two years after him already have deals.

I have opinions, but I don't touch those opinions without a shit-ton of info and experts to solidify it.

From there, yeah I can see how much better those statistically better QBs look on the field.

When it comes to scouting out of college ... who knows. Too many variables I don't know about.

PS: I wanted us to draft Mariota based on his scouting and would draft him again.

So in other words, you have a Christmas list that includes a franchise QB, you can pinpoint every weakness that MM has, but you can't tell us who should replace him.  Got it.

Bottom line, it's a lot easier to diagnose a potential problem than it is to find a solution.

7 minutes ago, GLinks said:

The Alex Smith argument is such a tired one. Alex Smith did not “Alex Smith” as it has been defined by media and fans until year 8. Year 8!

Mariota has done far more for us than Smith ever did for anyone in half the time before Smith became an “anybody.”

Ok?

24 TDs and 25 INTs in two seasons is more than Smith ever did? 

Alex Smith helped the Chiefs to records of 11-5, 9-7, 12-4 and 10-6 while being better stastically in every way.

And I don't want Alex Smith; I don't want to wait for Alex Smith and nor should you.

And please, save the one playoff game. There's no trophy for a 9-7 team winning a wild card game.

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

So in other words, you have a Christmas list that includes a franchise QB, you can pinpoint every weakness that MM has, but you can't tell us who should replace him.  Got it.

Bottom line, it's a lot easier to diagnose a potential problem than it is to find a solution.

Of course it is. But guess what the first step is ... you willing to get on board?

Please. Ignoring what I wrote. Season 8 friend. Season 8. He was awful before that. Got benched in favor of everyone’s favorite Kaepernick.

One word:  Harbaugh.

Just now, big2033 said:

Of course it is. But guess what the first step is ... you willing to get on board?

Not till I see a solution.  What's yours?  You are the one currently advocating a change before the season plays out.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Not till I see a solution.  What's yours?  You are the one currently advocating a change before the season plays out.

You won't admit you have a broken leg until you have a brace? OK. 

And I'm actually not lol. Where did I say that?

Edited by big2033

41 minutes ago, big2033 said:

LOL!  What a joke and a hypocrite.  Why don't you also leave the criticism for the team/GM?

1 minute ago, 8MM said:

LOL!  What a joke and a hypocrite.  Why don't you also leave the criticism for the team/GM?

They've done a good job overall that's why.

Just now, big2033 said:

They've done a good job overall that's why.

Answer the question about the criticism.