code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

It’s truly an honor to witness such powerhouses of intellectual debate at work here on TitansReport dot com

Debate isn't one guy or group saying something and then everyone else following along like lemmings.

1 hour ago, gaskill15 said:

I’m not so sure he didn’t purposely throw that a little behind Delanie on the TD. On the replay it looked like Delanie was sandwiched between 2 defenders so Mariota threw it to the open window. 

That's what Romo said at the time

33 minutes ago, big2033 said:

What would you do if Mariota lost his job here? Serious question, because it's the only Titan you seem to care about.

And before you ask I'd be fine with Mariota at QB if he plays the position well enough. I don't care as much as you do.

Hell I understand that draft position etc. may force us to keep him year-to-year even if he plays below-average.

You care as much as he does. You just hold the opposite perspective. 

It’s a joke to say you can’t win a Super Bowl with a QB “like Mariota.” It’s been proven time and again “defense wins championships.”

It seems a lot of you want to put the future of this fairly highly developed team in the hands of a rookie QB and expect him to transition from college to the NFL like a savvy vet in a college kid’s body. Sure maybe we draft someone if the season goes down due to #8, and those of you who say “we need a vet” would still want said rookie to play within a month.

If players felt like a lot of you feel, this might be a different story, but they don’t. We just need to wait and see. If a Titans team can overcome a Kerry Collins to get to the postseason, there is no reason this current iteration cannot do the same, as well as not collapse

Edited by GLinks

1 hour ago, ap24786 said:

You care as much as he does. You just hold the opposite perspective. 

I don't actually. If Mariota lights it up I'd be happy to keep him.

I want a franchise QB. I'm a Titans fan.

Edited by big2033

37 minutes ago, GLinks said:

It’s a joke to say you can’t win a Super Bowl with a QB “like Mariota.” It’s been proven time and again “defense wins championships.”

It seems a lot of you want to put the future of this fairly highly developed team in the hands of a rookie QB and expect him to transition from college to the NFL like a savvy vet in a college kid’s body. Sure maybe we draft someone if the season goes down due to #8, and those of you who say “we need a vet” would still want said rookie to play within a month.

If players felt like a lot of you feel, this might be a different story, but they don’t. We just need to wait and see. If a Titans team can overcome a Kerry Collins to get to the postseason, there is no reason this current iteration cannot do the same, as well as not collapse

Kerry Collins was fool's gold from the get go. I never thought we'd go anywhere with him at QB. Ultimately, when we lost Chris Johnson we had no offense.

People want sustainable success. Being mediocre at QB is not sustainable.

Defense wins championships but Tom Brady keeps winning ... lol ... OK.

We were one-dimensional on offense then and all the Ravens had to do was assassinate CJ, which they did.

This is not the same team in offense, and on paper and in reality, this defense may be even better.

They win a lot but the Patriots are not the only team that has or will win a SB. Lol...ok?

11 minutes ago, GLinks said:

We were one-dimensional on offense then and all the Ravens had to do was assassinate CJ, which they did.

This is not the same team in offense, and on paper and in reality, this defense may be even better.

They win a lot but the Patriots are not the only team that has or will win a SB. Lol...ok?

How about teams with Franchise QBs?

Is it bad to want a franchise QB to better our odds of winning. Especially when we drafted a guy No. 2 overall?

In comparison to the teams WITH a franchise QB the chances of making and winning the Super Bowl are VERY thin.

The Eagles are the only team you can point to in the last decade plus and even they were smart enough to know they fluked out with Foles.

Edited by big2033

9 minutes ago, big2033 said:

How about teams with Franchise QBs?

Is it bad to want a franchise QB to better our odds of winning. Especially when we drafted a guy No. 2 overall?

In comparison to the teams WITH a franchise QB the chances of making and winning the Super Bowl are VERY thin.

The Eagles are the only team you can point to in the last decade plus and even they were smart enough to know they fluked out with Foles.

Hell, everybody wants a franchise QB.  That's nothing new.  Tell me who we should draft.  Who is that guy?  What's his name?

Let’s say Marcus flames out...I could maybe get behind Rivers for a year or so, but there’s no guarantee that works out well, but that would be the only vet I’d seriously consider with the expectation of a deep playoff run.

Not Winston, not Bridgewater, not Manning. I don’t know what other expected vet FA would be able to take this team further.

6 hours ago, cenj said:

This. If he was Andy Dalton then with this roster, I get the argument for signing him. Not because he's going to develop into a top 10 QB, but because the roster is ready to win now and a guy like Dalton is good enough to win -- better than a rookie bust.

How many games has Dalton lost in the playoffs while being absolutely atrocious? He had a stacked roster for a long time. I’d take Mariota as a wild card over knowing exactly what you’ll get in the playoffs. 

Dalton: 0-4, 836 yards, 1TD/6ints in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, GLinks said:

No, of course it’s not bad, but it’s not totally realistic to expect “new” translates to “better,” and I think that’s where we suffer from our own expectations sometimes.

Every fan wants to win now. It’s to be expected, but odds and expectations have little to do with what actually is going to happen in cases where many many factors form the outcome. 

My six year old bugs me daily about fixing food for him, and then less than a minute later, he expects that food to be in front of him. If I actually gave the boy what he wanted, he would be sick all the time, because the food would be underprepared and undercooked. 

What he wants is totally fine. What he expects is completely unreasonable.

Don’t even get me started on people thinking RB production grows on the lowest branches of trees, lol.

You think the Chiefs aren't happy with their change?

If your QB is performing below Alex Smith levels ... and continues to do that this season, you're wasting your time holding on.

Ask the Dolphins when they held on to Ryan Tannehill.

It's OK to admit our QB is not up to par, regardless if we can replace him or not.

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

How many games has Dalton lost in the playoffs while being absolutely atrocious? He had a stacked roster for a long time. I’d take Mariota as a wild card over knowing exactly what you’ll get in the playoffs. 

Dalton: 0-4, 836 yards, 1TD/6ints in the playoffs. 

The only reason some posters argue Dalton is better or desirable is the overall yardage.

I would never expect this team to perform better long term with him, even if he had a good outing yesterday, or helps out your FF team.

28 minutes ago, ctm said:

Hell, everybody wants a franchise QB.  That's nothing new.  Tell me who we should draft.  Who is that guy?  What's his name?

We should also draft the perfect WR, perfect pass rusher and sign the perfect free agents. The chances of it always happening are not always great. But we should try anyway shouldn't we?

It's called scouting. 

You don't just settle at positions where you're lacking.

Then all of you will be wondering why our franchise settles for 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 like year's past.

Edited by big2033