code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SamoanTitan78 said:

I seriously can't believe the people in this board. They expect a brady type player like its the norm for this franchise. In the past 20 years, only Mcnair was close to that, but Mariota blows his numbers out of the water for first 4 years of starting. Who the HELL have we had that even comes close? 

Passing efficiency is up across the board.  When McNair was playing 90+ was great, now that's a common place performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

The problem is he hasn't even shown he can be an effective, consistent game manager yet. Forget the rookie hopes of him becoming Rodgers. If he could even become Andy Dalton or Alex Smith then I'd be way more interested in re-signing him. He just hasn't done that yet. 

 

That first half was really bad yesterday. 

Do you remember how bad the defense made Brady look last year when he had no time to throw? 

 

I think you all are severely undercutting the lack of talent that has been around him and are overreacting bc this board is mental with negativity. How soon we forget the poor skill players, the drops, the weak OL, the bad RBs, the coaching carousel. You all wrote him off without even giving him a game or two.

 

If he throws 3 TDs and 250 in a bad game what are good games going to look like? He could put up some numbers. If the skill players stay healthy he will likely have a good year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamoanTitan78 said:

There have only been 18 QBS in history taken at #2 overrall, Mariotas numbers beats them all ( including donovan mcnabb and archie manning ) so for you to say his numbers show hes a bust tells me your just a hater.......

Dear god...please tell me you didn't try and compare Mariota to Archie Manning. 

 

It's a different league now man. Mariota has thrown for over 3,000 yards twice, and never close to 4,000. For perspective, Tannehill threw over 3,000 every year his first 4 years, and he threw over 4,000 twice (another season was 3,900). In Blake Bortles' first 4 seasons, he threw over 4K twice, and 3 of his first 4 seasons he threw for more yards than any season ever by Mariota. Winston threw for 4K both of his first two seasons.

 

I'm not even comparing the good QBs. I'm comparing the scrubs.

 

Jesus Christ, looking over these stats, it's really hard to defend Mariota. 

Edited by cenj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titanruss said:

what a bunch of fucking retards. 

The worry all preseason, ever since Lewan's suspension was announced, was how the line would perform against Cleveland's front. And in the first half they performed just about how people were worried they would. Mariota was hurried, harassed, and sacked numerous times. All of that is barely a footnote to yackity clack narrative today.

 

Alzheimers, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cenj said:

Jesus Christ, looking over these stats, it's really hard to defend Mariota. 

You really can't.  When you dig into the stats and compare it to other qb's (talking about the scrub ones here), he falls short.  He gets killed even more when you go into advanced stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

 

His best throw was making sure the ball crossed the line of scrimmage as he was falling down.  The crossing route to Brown was good and so was the pass to Delanie for the TD (even though it was off as well).  The rest of the throws were not good.  

I’m not so sure he didn’t purposely throw that a little behind Delanie on the TD. On the replay it looked like Delanie was sandwiched between 2 defenders so Mariota threw it to the open window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, newschool said:

Do you remember how bad the defense made Brady look last year when he had no time to throw? 

 

I think you all are severely undercutting the lack of talent that has been around him and are overreacting bc this board is mental with negativity. How soon we forget the poor skill players, the drops, the weak OL, the bad RBs, the coaching carousel. You all wrote him off without even giving him a game or two.

 

If he throws 3 TDs and 250 in a bad game what are good games going to look like? He could put up some numbers. If the skill players stay healthy he will likely have a good year. 

Then Brady went on the win the Super Bowl. Brady is proven, Brady adjusts.

 

Don't play the "one game" game. Play the season average game. Brady makes Philip Dorsett look all pro. This forum would riot if he was a starter on our team.

 

We have all-pro or pro bowlers on the line, at tight end, at running back, on defense. 

 

So why is it always the line, the receivers, and the defense that has to take the blame?

 

You keep pointing to how bad they all were, at yet that's where statistically every expert says where our talent lies?

 

Meanwhile our QB is the one who is playing for a new contract.

 

Why can't our QB carry us? How many pro bowlers do we need to make our QB all pro? 

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The worry all preseason, ever since Lewan's suspension was announced, was how the line would perform against Cleveland's front. And in the first half they performed just about how people were worried they would. Mariota was hurried, harassed, and sacked numerous times. All of that is barely a footnote to yackity clack narrative today.

 

Alzheimers, maybe?

Let me ask you, with our without Lewan when has Mariota looked really good behind our line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Then Brady went on the win the Super Bowl. Brady is proven, Brady adjusts.

 

Don't play the "one game" game. Play the season average game. Brady makes Philip Dorsett look all pro. This forum would riot if he was a starter on our team.

 

We have all-pro or pro bowlers on the line, at tight end, at running back, on defense. 

 

So why is it always the line, the receivers, and the defense that has to take the blame?

 

You keep pointing to how bad they all were, at yet that's where statistically every expert says where our talent lies?

 

Meanwhile our QB is the one who is playing for a new contract.

 

Why can't our QB carry us? How many pro bowlers do we need to make our QB all pro? 

 

Okay I'm game if you are. Shut up about it til the end of the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The worry all preseason, ever since Lewan's suspension was announced, was how the line would perform against Cleveland's front. And in the first half they performed just about how people were worried they would. Mariota was hurried, harassed, and sacked numerous times. All of that is barely a footnote to yackity clack narrative today.

 

Alzheimers, maybe?

Alzheimer's isn't selective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, newschool said:

 

Okay I'm game if you are. Shut up about it til the end of the season.

 

MARIOTA HAS MORE THAN THIS SEASON TO LOOK AT.

 

You guys try to play this game but you don't understand we already have a large sampling. He isn't a rookie.

 

So if you want to "play this game," do it right.

 

Look at his last four seasons, that's his starting point this year. Just like every other veteran in the NFL.

 

You think we look at Brady season-to-season? Cmon.

 

So, can you define Mariota the last four seasons and one 2019 game?

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

 

Azzheimer's then.

 

 

wrong john c mcginley GIF

What would you do if Mariota lost his job here? Serious question, because it's the only Titan you seem to care about.

 

And before you ask I'd be fine with Mariota at QB if he plays the position well enough. I don't care as much as you do.

 

Hell I understand that draft position etc. may force us to keep him year-to-year even if he plays below-average.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.