code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, reo said:

Not true. McNair had Mason and some good complementary WRs and Wycheck. These WRs have a ton of potential and ability but atm its fan hype until proven.

Yes he had Mason. He didn't have anybody else. If you consider guys like McCariens and Bennett to be good WRs then you need to stop smoking crack and seek help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GLinks said:

 

Lol, so two people purposely misinterpreted what I wrote. Well well. That must make those two special, right?Lol. Either way, you’re the one who wanted to go down this road.

 

Look, friend. I’ll post and I’ll engage, but I won’t suffer foolishness from grown people. I’ve stated Mariota is flawed, but not in the convert way that makes you cream when you get a rise out of people or try to drive them into a corner. I stated it simply and without embellishments, more than once.

 

Rather put, there is no need to replace MM right now, and all else is “we’ll see.” Capiche? Or is even that too hard to understand?

 

I have a degree in English from a purty dang good university. I thought simple would be best, but you’re not handling it well. Yeah, my transcripts suggest “clear as a bell.” It’s not my fault if you got lost along the way.

 

At least you admitted it wasn’t clear as a bell, which is the same as, “I don’t understand.” It’s okay.

 

But remember

 

GIF by Shaw Brothers

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus what is all this?

 

All this to keep avoid Mariota's overall performance as a Titans franchise QB? Do you boo. Don't acknowledge what he is until you have to. But don't act like that's not what you're doing.

 

And when I see you complain about the other positions on this team I'll expect the same energy.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Yes he had Mason. He didn't have anybody else. If you consider guys like McCariens and Bennett to be good WRs then you need to stop smoking crack and seek help.

Drew Bennett especially had some very good years here especially 2004 with over 1200 yards. That's revisionist history at its finest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reo said:

Drew Bennett especially had some very good years here especially 2004 with over 1200 yards. That's revisionist history at its finest.

No you are. Bennett had 1 good year, a year that McNair didn't play and was catching passes from Volek. He sucked, stop making shit up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2003 Bennett was solid.  Everyone remembers the drop on a very tough play to begin with.  He also made an amazing catch earlier that drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

No you are. Bennett had 1 good year, a year that McNair didn't play and was catching passes from Volek. He sucked, stop making shit up. 

 

Bullshit but it's not really worth arguing over. 

 

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

In 2003 Bennett was solid.  Everyone remembers the drop on a very tough play to begin with.  He also made an amazing catch earlier that drive.

 

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reo said:

 

Bullshit but it's not really worth arguing over. 

 

 

Yup

Because there is not argument. He sucked. A slow big bodied WR that dropped as many passes as he caught. He never had a decent catch rate. Not a single season. He wasn't good enough to start for any team. In fact im pretty confident he never did start for any other team. Bringing up a season where Volek force fed him the ball means nothing. Without looking it up I know for a fact he received well over 100 targets and ill bet his catch rate was around half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Because there is not argument. He sucked. A slow big bodied WR that dropped as many passes as he caught. He never had a decent catch rate. Not a single season. He wasn't good enough to start for any team. In fact im pretty confident he never did start for any other team. Bringing up a season where Volek force fed him the ball means nothing. Without looking it up I know for a fact he received well over 100 targets and ill bet his catch rate was around half. 

Pretty sure you're wrong on multiple points but again. Not an argument worth having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, big2033 said:

 

The best ability for a writer, especially in marketing, is the ability to say similar things in completely different ways.

 

Didn't see that answer coming did ya?

 

I only say things about Mariota as a rebuttal to stupidity about Mariota. Mostly from fanboys like you who aren't Titans fans.

 

Oh, you're in marketing. Now I get it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, newschool said:

 

Oh, you're in marketing. Now I get it.

 

 

 

I honestly hoped this would be funnier lol.

 

Like he'd explain some dumb shit we do or something. He didn't really do or say anything. Just swore at us. But I guess he said there was no punchline so ... 

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The reality is that the Titans have a team that's turnkey ready for any QB.  Just like it's currently schemed to help Mariota, they would adjust if need be to Tannehill or another veteran QB or a high draft pick. 

 

To Oilerman's point, the things that they did the other day can be done with almost any NFL QB.  It was basic routes schemed where the primary receiver was wide open. 

Why then do all teams not do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Why then do all teams not do this?

 

Because you can't get away with it forever. It def isn't easy to. The margin for error is slim. Which @oldschool pointed out. If we're gonna rock one-read throws all year might as well draft a rookie with promise to do it.

 

 

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scine09 said:

In 2003 Bennett was solid.  Everyone remembers the drop on a very tough play to begin with.  He also made an amazing catch earlier that drive.

 

what part of this is a tough catch? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

 

what part of this is a tough catch? 

 

It's freezing, he had a DB on his back.  It was not an easy play.

 

And yes, he should have caught it.  

Edited by scine09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.