code

Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

The reality is that the Titans have a team that's turnkey ready for any QB.  Just like it's currently schemed to help Mariota, they would adjust if need be to Tannehill or another veteran QB or a high draft pick. 

To Oilerman's point, the things that they did the other day can be done with almost any NFL QB.  It was basic routes schemed where the primary receiver was wide open. 

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Honestly screw him too lol.

I don't like trusting in QBs who have already shown what they are.

What you'll find with me is I'm unforgiving once a player is given enough chances/seasons.

Ryan Tannehill leading us doesn't equate to that much more success. Mariota has to be play really bad for us to go there.

So if they can't carry a dumpster fire organization, they are worthless?  Even a slight improvement in consistency and accuracy would add up over time.

17 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

So if they can't carry a dumpster fire organization, they are worthless?  Even a slight improvement in consistency and accuracy would add up over time.

You have to be realistic: Slight improvement versus its potential to blow up in your face if he's worse are too high.

Mariota has to play this out. Too much money is at stake. He has to play worse.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You have to be realistic: Slight improvement versus its potential to blow up in your face if he's worse are too high.

Mariota has to play this out. Too much money is at stake. He has to play worse.

I think the events around the division have bought him some time.  I worry about his arm strength.  There's a very noticeable difference between what we've seen in the past few months and what he showed us in year 2.  

12 minutes ago, SamoanTitan78 said:

Coming off a win and your qb throws 3 tds no ints or turnovers and all these idiots talk about is getting another qb? Wow what a shit show

They have no QB under contract beyond this season

1 minute ago, abc2330 said:

I think the events around the division have bought him some time.  I worry about his arm strength.  There's a very noticeable difference between what we've seen in the past few months and what he showed us in year 2.  

100% he doesn't look good physically in comparison to the rest of the league. But again, even if Vrabel already knows he also knows he has to play this game unless things become Nate Peterman-esque.

59 minutes ago, big2033 said:

So you see his entire makeup based only on one game? 

Clearly not. But you made the point to ask who he was “right now” and you know it. Any coach, player or media type will tell you in the grand scheme, last year doesn’t matter. If Mariota plays better than ever, shows the progress, and the team, say, makes the playoffs, odds are the extension a lot of you don’t want to  give right now, is coming.

Bottom line, like it or not, is what is going to get the most weight in his career thus far is what he does this season. I think you expect this season is going to be 20% of his overall grade when in fact it’s going to be closer to 80%, good or bad.

46 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The reality is that the Titans have a team that's turnkey ready for any QB.  Just like it's currently schemed to help Mariota, they would adjust if need be to Tannehill or another veteran QB or a high draft pick. 

To Oilerman's point, the things that they did the other day can be done with almost any NFL QB.  It was basic routes schemed where the primary receiver was wide open. 

Sure. And the RB production was just as easy to reproduce with almost any NFL RB, right? Because that’s even easier to achieve than decent QB production. 

10 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Clearly not. But you made the point to ask who he was “right now” and you know it. Any coach, player or media type will tell you in the grand scheme, last year doesn’t matter. If Mariota plays better than ever, shows the progress, and the team, say, makes the playoffs, odds are the extension a lot of you don’t want to  give right now, is coming.

Bottom line, like it or not, is what is going to get the most weight in his career thus far is what he does this season. I think you expect this season is going to be 20% of his overall grade when in fact it’s going to be closer to 80%, good or bad.

So you're going to operate based on no prior information?

To me, that warrants pointing blame where it might not be warranted. We used to blame the WRs for what happened on the Sharpe play on Sunday ... you going to do that?

History has to inform his play. Or you'll be knee jerk all year.

So next bad game we cut him? Next good game we extend him? 

The point is look at Mariota through an honest lense, that's all. Stop blaming other factors. When he makes a bad throw he made it, it's a pattern.

When he runs into sacks ... it's a pattern.

When he's inconsistent, it's a pattern.

And a solid season doesn't only mean extensions. The Chiefs, JAguars and Redskins just kicked the ball down the road with useless contracts until they found a better options. So yes, his career DOES inform his current season. Like it or not.

Edited by big2033

8 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Sure. And the RB production was just as easy to reproduce with almost any NFL RB, right? Because that’s even easier to achieve than decent QB production. 

Henry is a way better NFL RB in relation to his peers than Mariota is as a QB.  

Minshew or Woodside could have made the PA/one read throws that Mariota did on Sunday that accounted for 5 big completions, 191 yards, and the 3 TD's. 

The production Mariota had versus the Browns was great.  The degree of difficulty in doing it was pretty minimal.

Edited by BudAdams

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

So you're going to operate based on no prior information?

To me, that warrants pointing blame where it might not be warranted. We used to blame the WRs for what happened on the Sharpe play on Sunday ... you going to do that?

History has to inform his play. Or you'll be knee jerk all year.

So next bad game we cut him? Next good game we extend him? 

The point is look at Mariota through an honest lense, that's all. Stop blaming other factors. When he makes a bad throw he made it, it's a pattern.

When he runs into sacks ... it's a pattern.

When he's inconsistent, it's a pattern.

I already said clearly not. Dude, you’re not going to bully me into expressing a line of thinking I don’t adhere to. 

But since you’re trying to cover up your reading comprehension mistakes by restating the same question without admitting your errors, if only to yourself, and moving on appropriately, you just want to keeping digging yourself deeper.

Many may not like my opinion, but notice how you’re all alone? You’re looking more like an idiot every time you try to post the same whining question. Everyone else has already seen the places you went wrong, but by all means, keep going.

princess bride GIF

You already know what it is.