Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

code

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to put a fair and balanced opposing title to Oman's terrible and must be replaced.   Felt the universe calling and responded.   Do I truly feel this way? Ask me at the

The problem is he hasn't even shown he can be an effective, consistent game manager yet. Forget the rookie hopes of him becoming Rodgers. If he could even become Andy Dalton or Alex Smith then I'd be

I keep asking myself if I'd rather take a chance with some young gunslinger like Mayfield or Stafford (or a Fitzpatrick or Winston who gives the ball to the other team but isn't tentative with the foo

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Who is now the backup for the New York Jets!

Let's give ole JRob his due now. 

Jk. 

It’s definitely good to have been third string on 3 different teams in your first 2 seasons in the NFL

Edited by Titans279

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mettamucil said:

We, not him. 

And just like last time, you'd be wrong.  

We definitely didn't go 0-10. 

I was 100% right. Mariota was better than Mett and Mett was absolute dogshit. The best thing he did in his NFL career was hookup with Whiz's daughter.

And Whiz's daughter is as close as his dick will get to the NFL again.

1 minute ago, Mettamucil said:

Uh huh.  

You'll never even be able to see you were wrong.   Only one who argued for Mariota to begin with could be that dense. 

Wrong about what? 

Please tell me what I was wrong about? Spell it out so everyone can see how dumb you are lol.

Edited by big2033

Just now, Mettamucil said:

Your team drafted a project at #2 overall in 2015.  No one wanted the project more than you. 

Any other course of action puts you ahead of where you argued they had to go.  Period. 

With how bad our QB situation was I thought drafting Mariota was worth the risk. And considering how our offense improved it 100% was.

I would do it again.

Because with Mett we definitely weren't going to win any games. 

4 minutes ago, Mettamucil said:

And you were wrong. One, the situation wasn't bad.  Two, better QB's awaited following years.  

You and the Titans were both wrong. 

Unless you can alter time there was no guarantee we'd have the picks the following years. Especially considering how great Mett was going to be instead of Mariota right?

So you make the best decision with the info in front of you. 

Now was Mariota evaluated bad? Absolutely. But if the Titans eval said he was worth the pick, the pick had to be made at the time. Which is 100% what I argued for.

You don't ignore your eval because you MIGHT have another QB better ranked next year.

Edited by big2033