Mariota is exceptional and he must be extended

code

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Actually no he's not. You guys keep saying stuff like this forgetting he has for other seasons. So here's the equation:

Four Seasons + One 2019 game = Mariota's Career.

No, what “you guys” are saying is that we are one game into his ultimate prove it year, and you are somehow insinuating that he hasn’t proven it after one game. 

Its only been one game. You have to let the season play out. I don’t know why that’s hard for you to understand. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to put a fair and balanced opposing title to Oman's terrible and must be replaced.   Felt the universe calling and responded.   Do I truly feel this way? Ask me at the

The problem is he hasn't even shown he can be an effective, consistent game manager yet. Forget the rookie hopes of him becoming Rodgers. If he could even become Andy Dalton or Alex Smith then I'd be

I keep asking myself if I'd rather take a chance with some young gunslinger like Mayfield or Stafford (or a Fitzpatrick or Winston who gives the ball to the other team but isn't tentative with the foo

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

No, what “you guys” are saying is that we are one game into his ultimate prove it year, and you are somehow insinuating that he hasn’t proven it after one game. 

Its only been one game. You have to let the season play out. I don’t know why that’s hard for you to understand. 

Fine. But realize he's not starting at ground zero. He's starting well below that because of what he's done before.

Just like we know what Tom Brady is, so for people to write off Brady after one game would be INSANE.

Well writing ON Mariota after one game would be ... INSANE.

We know and have seen what Mariota is overall. Now he need an entire season to see if he's NOT bad enough to be sent packing. That's a BIG change to change that perception.

He's starting on a negative curve here in terms of perception. So it's a long climb. 

Why would I immediately give him the benefit of the doubt when he's given me every reason not to? What grounds are there for us NOT to be pessimistic ... help me out here.

Edited by big2033

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You're missing the point. If Mariota is even close to Alex Smith later in his career he's not worth our time. Period. 

I'm not waiting until season eight for him to be better than season 8 Alex Smith. Get it?

Mariota's best season was a solid Alex Smith season. So what else are we supposed to expect?

No no no. You don’t get it. You choir boys have been chirping this Alex Smith argument for so long, cutting and pasting the aspects you want to compare to MM’s career. My point is Mariota is blowing past Smith’s development.

You can’t compare late career Alex Smith vs baby Mariota, who even beat him head to head, lol.

2 minutes ago, GLinks said:

No no no. You don’t get it. You choir boys have been chirping this Alex Smith argument for so long, cutting and pasting the aspects you want to compare to MM’s career. My point is Mariota is blowing past Smith’s development.

You can’t compare late career Alex Smith vs baby Mariota, who even beat him head to head, lol.

WHO CARES. Alex Smith is still shit so I'm not going to wait until he blows past Alex Smith. Either way he sucks. Better Alex Smith is still shit. The ceiling is low.

What league to you think we live in that we have to wait another year or three before he "blows past Alex Smith."

He's not good enough now, and that's plenty of time in today's NFL.

So he better do a 180 this year. Period.

Edited by big2033

I said he’s already blowing past it. 

Plenty of time is just because the league has to change the rules to get more viewership and revenue by making it offensive passing friendly. We’re just not getting there as fast as some fans want, and I understand that. 

We’re still building the team. We’ll make the next decision on Marcus when the season is over. I’m fine with that. Anything else at this point is premature.

Now I get that some posters are used to premature, but....

If I was Big's boss, he would be fired on the spot.  If his writing at work is anywhere like his writing here, then it's inexcusable.  All he does same old rhetoric and goes in circles.  He won't stop his whining so his attitude is deplorable as well.   He says he won't recommend who the next great college QB so he'll leave it to Jrob but yet in the same token, he won't leave the opinions/views regarding MM to Jrob as well.  You should do some delving into why you keep harping the same tune re:  MM.  Do you hate him b/c he's not black or b/c he's Polynesian and you hate Polynesians?  It's gotta be something that's biting your ass that you're not honest or aware of.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

I can't wait for this response.  Someone comparing Oilerman's favorite all-time QB to his least favorite (or at least one of his least favorite) all-time QBs...

Even you know that shit was retarded 

1 hour ago, reo said:

Wasn't it 13-6 or 16-6 until they scored then we scored? That's pretty close all game :)

15-6...just seems people like to bring up the fact it was 15-13..which it was for a very short minute

Edited by bizzyeddie

34 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

15-6...just seems people like to bring up the fact it was 15-13..which it was for a very short minute

It was and then the Henry play happened, sucking the momentum away from the Browns and deflating the crowd.  Titans go three and out there and who knows what happens.  Smith had the perfect play call and the Titans executed it to perfection.

2 hours ago, 8MM said:

If I was Big's boss, he would be fired on the spot.  If his writing at work is anywhere like his writing here, then it's inexcusable.  All he does same old rhetoric and goes in circles.  He won't stop his whining so his attitude is deplorable as well.   He says he won't recommend who the next great college QB so he'll leave it to Jrob but yet in the same token, he won't leave the opinions/views regarding MM to Jrob as well.  You should do some delving into why you keep harping the same tune re:  MM.  Do you hate him b/c he's not black or b/c he's Polynesian and you hate Polynesians?  It's gotta be something that's biting your ass that you're not honest or aware of.

giphy.gif

The best ability for a writer, especially in marketing, is the ability to say similar things in completely different ways.

Didn't see that answer coming did ya?

I only say things about Mariota as a rebuttal to stupidity about Mariota. Mostly from fanboys like you who aren't Titans fans.